• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nikon-M-223

R37

Private
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2009
West St Paul MN
I tried to get some info on the M-223 last week- I recieved 0 feedback- Is this worth the money- Mark at DPMS says he loves his-Does anyone else?--Thanks for your time

Re: Nikon-M-223

The fact that you received "0 feedback" is feedback in and of itself!
wink.gif

All joking aside, use the search feature linked to in my sig line below and run a search for Nikon M223. There have been quite a few different threads on this scope since they were intro'd...that should give you what you are looking for.

I was lookin hard at these, but since they didnt come with illuminated reticle, I went with the bushnell 4200

They are really nice for the price. I like the Leupold MARK AR's a little more (I prefer the feel of the body). The Glass is on par, the M-223 has exposed turret an this is nice, but the elevation and wind-age clicks feel better to me on the Mark AR.

We sale both scopes but at this time we do not have the Nikon on our site.

Mike @ CST

Brand-wise, you can't go wrong with a Nikon. This particular scope seems a little heavy for the dimensions and magnification. Nikon is a lot like Toyota IMHO. Boring, reliable, high-quality, and a great value.

Ive got one on my slug gun and I really like it. Its holding up, clear, and with spot on the normal 600 yard dot is 250ish.

I recently bought an M223 in 2x8x32 for my XCR .223. So far I think it is far superior to the Leupold Mark AR 3x9x40 that I also have. It is one inch shorter, more streamlined due to the 32mm objective, easily accessible turrets, nice almost fold flat scope covers, and I like the tenebraex kill flash. All this for $70 cheaper than the leupold($150 if you count the $80 alumina scope caps). I bought mine at Primary Arms. Got here fast. Time will tell how it performs as I haven't had much time to shoot it yet. It did give me a six round 7/8" group right off the bat with my new XCR though. Looking forward to more shooting downrange to test out the bdc reticle.

I considered one of these in 1-4x earlier this year but the lack of illuminated reticle was the deciding factor for me as well. I hunt a lot at night and really need the illumination. I went with the Leatherwood CMR1-4x24 instead. It is a really nice scope, especially for the money. I will however be upgrading to a Valdada 1.5-8x26 in January. The Leatherwood just does not have as clear optics as the higher end scopes and for low light work I really need that. Plus the additional magnification will be handy. Back to the Leatherwood, I really liked the reticle. If that scope just had some Schott glass in it it would be perfect. It will make a great addition to my 10/22 once I've mounted to the Valdada to my 556.