• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nikon M223 has landed......

Blueclawz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Ok so I have been waiting a while for this particular scope to finally start delivering. I received mine today from OpticsPlanet. They of course showed both the scope and mount in stock when I ordered and then sent the mount into backorder status after taking my CC information. That is beside the point though - the scope is here I know quite a few people are laughing at "another Nikon" but seriously this thing is worth checking out.
The ARD was not in the box - you receive a coupon that needs to be mailed into Nikon so they can send it out. (somewhat gay..but at least you get one) The nikon scope caps are not bad...I think a trim job with a blade will make them much more user friendly. The side focus and adjustments are straight Nikon Tactical style..good solid feel. The glass appears very clean and clear but I am low on light this evening - have to take it into work tomorrow and do a bit of comparison among some other scopes. The BDC reticle is slick and with a .55gr setup I am excited to see how close to on it is with my bulk 55gr I have crated up.

Now do not mis-read my review as a promotion for Nikon...they make "decent" stuff but its not $1k+ glass...so don't try and compare it to that level. I have good glass...this is going on a 18" setup I built for lady clawz in a last ditch effort to get her on an AR so at $450 it will be fine. The mount was another $100 so it may be headed back if its not up to the challenge.

Pics tomorrow from the office.

Re: Nikon M223 has landed......

Been eyeballin' this scope for a naked AR.
Looking forward to the review.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RHutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Been eyeballin' this scope for a naked AR.
Looking forward to the review. </div></div>

Ditto

Going to revive this thread to see if anyone can help me.

Could you mount one of these scopes on a bolt action .223 and still use comfortably? or is the eye relief to long?

With an eye relief of 3.7-4in. don't see why not. My swfa SS has 4in and I use it on M700.

That wont be an issue at all. I've been using the scope for a few months now and I've been very happy. My only issue is the turrets need better markings. Its got great glass and holds zero even with me cranking the turrets constantly. I've shoot a few matches and done pretty well.

Got one of the M223 2-8 with the free mount over the summer, it's running fine on an AR-15.

ETA: SWFA will price match.

That was my first thought when Nikon's M-223 line first came out long before I started doing some work for them. I put a M-223 3-12 Rapid Action Turret on my 25 year old Savage single shot that sat inthe back of my safe and never saw the light of day anymore. After sighting it in a buddy borrowed it for a P. dog shoot in S. Dakota, nextt hing ya know he wants to buy it !
I then took the rifle to a Nikon shoot outside of St. Louis and guys unfamiliar with the scope hit targets from 100-623 yards, some went 100 % moving out by 100 yards just by dialing up the Turret! Pretty darn good advertisement for the how well the scope works.
I also use them on my AR with Nikon's M-223 AR Mount. It is a quality, well built mount that will hold your scope rock steady.
Drop me a note if you have any questions.

Here's my setup. Really getting back into shooting lately. I shot about 3K though this year over the past few months alone. My reloading isn't keeping up with my shooting!
m2231.jpg

I used to own a Nikon M223 2-8x... simply put, in terms of glass, I was astounded at the price point.

I always regret selling it. :p

Blueclawz...you have any pics and a review? Anyone else out there have detailed info to pass on how well the BDC works on your rifle/ammo combo? Thanks.

Won my carbine match yesterday with her. Im using the spot on reticle not bdc. Mine is good out to 200yds. I shoot steel 22 long rifle shoots out to 200yds and the spot on software worked great on the steel. I did use a chrono first since my rifle had different velocity than what was listed.