• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Nikon Monarch Questions

squirrelsnpr

Private
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2009
Oakdale, CA
Re: Nikon Monarch Questions

These are actually pretty OK scopes. My friend has one on his rifle, and it is pretty clear for the price. It isn't hazy and the contrast is alright. It's not a bad choice for a budget, and you don't have to worry about a thing with it being on top of a .223.

I had a monarch on a 7mag hunting rifle that performed well for me. I didn't do alot of dialing but it got the job done.

Rthur

I have a nikon Buckmaster and a Bushnell 4200 and a MK4. How would this compare to any of those listed above?

The Monarch series is a nice scope at a good price. I had one on a model 70 in 300 Win that worked great for me up to 400 yards, not to many places in Illinois to shoot further. Monarch's have nice glass and a solid turret system. The 4-16x42 is ideal for anything from 100 yards out to 500+ depending on skill set. I also prefer a side focus to an adjustable objective, I just like to keep my eye behind the glass and theres less movement for me. Take a look at the Nikon "Spot On" technology. You can match the reticle to your exact load and it generates a ballistic table and readout for you automatically. Even diagrams a reticle and where the POI is at any distnace you want and any magnification for the scope. I used it at a shoot in St. Louis and walked a new rifle and scope I had never shot before from 100-600 yards without a miss.

Trevor B
OpticsPlanet

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These are actually pretty OK scopes. My friend has one on his rifle, and it is pretty clear for the price. It isn't hazy and the contrast is alright. It's not a bad choice for a budget, and you don't have to worry about a thing with it being on top of a .223. </div></div>

I agree I have one and it has elevation to reach out to 700 + for me. Great for the price. Has been rugged for me.

I have three of them, they are nice clear scopes. For the price you wont be disappointed.

I am very happy with my Nikon Monarch X on my Savage 308. Has proven to be a good scope for the money.

Great scopes. The glass is very clear and crisp. I now use the Monarchs on most of my hunting rigs. For LR shooting, their internal adjustmnet is limited, but it likely won't impact you much on a 223 shooting reasonable distances, especially with a 20 MOA base. Get it. You won't be disappointed.

If i were to get a new optic for my hunting rifle. This is what it would be. (Nikon Monarch)

Great glass. Good price. 1" tube, 40moa of total elevation travel. Mil dot reticle, 1/4moa turrets. Only $400 price.

I have that scope less the mildot reticle. I think it's a good scope for the money. Glass is very good, adjusts well. The only drawback is that even with a 20moa base mine will not adjust to 1000. I think it will run out around 800, although I have never shot it past 600.

I decided to pull the trigger and buy one. Also got the exposed turret kit in .25 MOA adjustments.

I got it from Jay at sportoptics.com. He had the best price I saw and was great to work with. If I like it I will most likely buy another from him. Thanks to everyone for the advise.
-Mitch

I was with Trevor on the shoot and they really did their homework on these scopes they shot excellent. You cant go wrong with Nikon. Great bang for the buck. I should have a test of the Monarch X soon on my 260 Nesika.