• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nikon Monarch Users - Got a ? 4 U

laanguiano

Private
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
I currently have a Bushnell Elite Tactical Scope, and once I sight in my gun at 100 yards I can set the elevation and windage adjustment knobs to show 0. Then I can look at the markings to remember how high or low i have it adjusted. That way after i sight in a target at a different yardage I dont have to count clicks back to my zero.

How do the Monarchs work?? After I sight in is there an easy way to return to my zero mark, or am I going to have to count clicks and remember exactly how many i clicked without error? Also does this process change if I buy the turret kit as an extra?

Re: Nikon Monarch Users - Got a ? 4 U

Exactly the same, I record in my logbook how many MOA down from zero, that way I never lose where my zero is. IMHO Nikon has good glass but there customer service sucks, save up for a Nightforce with knobs that match the reticle.

I have an older 5.5-16x44 Monarch on my .17Mach2. IIRC, it has 1/4MOA turrets under the caps that are marked at every whole number value & are 5 MOA per turn? But don't quote me on that, yet, I'll confirm when I get home...

I do remember that you can easily re-zero the turrets with a coin to loosen the single set screw in the center of the turret...

I have both scopes and the monarch has marking on the knob just like your bushnell. The knobs are finger adjustable and you can reset for zero. It does not have horizontal markings so you have to remember if you have to make an adjustment past 1 turn. I have one on a custom 7mmWSM and love it. I have my drop out to 600yds and don't have to go past one revolution.

Hmm have you tried white-out or a white marker to make your own horizontal markings to return back to zero? That is kinda sad it does have that.

I have three Monarchs(two new Monarchs and one older Monarch UCC) and all three have the lines on elevation and windage. How old is the one you have?