• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nikon Monarch X vs. Sightron SIII

coldbeerchief

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2008
Woodbridge, VA USA
I'm looking for a variable mag scope that wont break the bank

Which one is better? Nikon Monarch X 2.5-10x44 or the Sightron SIII 3.5-10x44 LR?

Any thoughts on the Clearidge XP5 counterpart?

Thanks for your input

Re: Nikon Monarch X vs. Sightron SIII

Both are good scopes, but the optics and travel on the Sightron are superior to the Monarch, and service is better and faster too.

Never even seen a Clearidge XP5......

Scott

The Sightron scopes are, well to put it out there they are the best for the buck. Better than leupold glass and even in the same quality as nightforce. I know thats a big claim but place the two side by side and you will sell the nightforce and buy two of these instead. Perfect turret movements along with return to zero. I love these scopes and this is from a guy who once only shot nightforce. Buy one you will not regret it.

He's not asking about a standard Nikon Monarch but the Tactical X version..... What about Trijicon I wonder if their optics are better then Sightron S3

The SIII is a all around better scope, period.

GC

What's the best price anyone has found for the Sightron SIII?

David

I didn't see Sightron on his website, didn't know he was a Sightron dealer.

David

The New model Sightron SIII 6-24X50 LR Mildot is hard to find right now. Sightron has a new shipment coming in about 3 weeks. Liberty Optics carries them and I believe they are out of stock. If they are I am sure they will take a back order. The SIII is worth the wait. If you search the web for one be careful there are some websites that are selling the old model SIII that was closed out in 2007 for New model prices. Make sure you are getting Model# 52133 with 100 moa elevation and 100 moa windage adjustment. If you find one used make sure of the model you are purchasing. The old style SIII is only worth around $425 in excellent condition. It has 50 moa elevation and 60 moa windage. They are nice also but just don't have the upgrades the new model has.

GC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MAX100 -you still in here?</div></div>

I am in and out. You can find me on other sites as well. I work late in my shop most weekends.

Have a good one!

GC

Whenever you get a chance PM me, yours is off.
Thanks.

Comndo

Thanks MAX100 for the heads up on the older models. Looks like just about everybody that's had VX III and SIII are saying that they like the Sightron better. I may just have to get one.

David

Fellas,

Update...

MAX100 is right, the new model is what we have on order. They are arriving to me soon, but the demand exceeds the supply. Every SIII 6-24x50 scope on order +1 is sold at Sightron. This means only 25 scopes will be released on the first shipment, and whomever gets them, gets them. we should receive our small allotment.

We will continue to order until they sit on our shelf, ready for purchase.

I don't advertise sightron on the website because we have none sitting here for sale. Once we get stocked I will add to the webstore. I've been selling direct to the Hiders in the meantime.

Thanks!

Scott

PS - The 3.5-10x44 SIII can be had and it is awesome!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fellas,

Update...

MAX100 is right, the new model is what we have on order. They are arriving to me soon, but the demand exceeds the supply. <span style="color: #FF0000">Every SIII 6-24x50 scope on order+1 is sold at Sightron.</span> This means only 25 scopes will be released on the first shipment, and whomever gets them, gets them. we should receive our small allotment.

We will continue to order until they sit on our shelf, ready for purchase.

I don't advertise sightron on the website because we have none sitting here for sale. Once we get stocked I will add to the webstore. I've been selling direct to the Hiders in the meantime.

Thanks!

Scott

PS - The 3.5-10x44 SIII can be had and it is awesome!

</div></div>

Hope that one's mine Scott. hope ya get to feelin better buddy.

i'm looking forward to trijicons new long range scope. supposed to be out this year.

falcon has a new 5-25x comming out too.

not trying to steer this away, just pointing out some other options.

I might have to try out one of those 3.5-10x44 sightrons, I need some good optics for my light tactical project, at a decent price. My falcon is WAY too big for that...

Hey I know that the sightrons SIII are hard to find right now, however you can find them on ebay new for around $700 just thought I would let you know. They are the new model not the old one.

The SIII 3.5-10x44 is not hard to find but the 6-24x50 LR MD is.

GC

No they aren't in stock anywhere, I bought one on Ebay last night and the guy who had it for sale dropped me a email this morning saying he was out of stock.

Does anyone know where one can still be had?

If you are looking for the New Sightron SIII 3.5-10x44 MD contact Scott @ Liberty Optics. I hear he has very good prices and fast shipping.

GC

I spoke with Sightron last week and they have more coming in about 3 weeks. It will be another week before they make it to the dealers.

GC

I purchased a sightron III 6-24x50 due to the amount of positive comments on this site and well to say the least I am not dissapointed what so ever. The scope is equal to my nightforce that cost me twice as much. If you don't need an illuminated retical this scope is worth waiting for. I am just glad I picked mine up before the crazy demand for them. But with the gun sales climbing up the roof nothing surprises me anymore.

Do you think all of the Sightron scopes are the best in their price range?

I have Nikon Monarch's, Burris Signature, Leupold VX-3's and a Sightron S-II and I can't tell a different AT ALL and the sightron is significantly cheaper than any of them.

rcr, I have all of the scopes you mention above. Optically, i.e. quality of image, I would not put the Sightron SII, which I think has been replaced -- model-name-wise -- by the 'Big Sky', in the same category as the others listed.

However, in other, perhaps more important, categories, like repeatability, tracking, dependability, and durability, the SII does not take a back seat to any listed.

In my opinion, quality of image is not as important as the other factors, presuming the optics are "good enough". And the SII optics are certainly adequate. The SIII (S3) optics are better than any of those listed, at least in my opinion. On a par with Nightforce NXS.

If you want a recommendation for top value in a modestly priced scope, you should take a real hard look at the Sightron SII4-16x42MD. That was, and is, a really good scope. I've used one for ten years, and I wouldn't sell it for double what it cost me. Because I *know* it performs.
smile.gif

I just got in a Sightron Big Sky SII 6.5-20x50 MD it is an excellent scope for the money. The very nice glass, just as clear as a Nikon Monarch X 4-16X50 and Leupold VX-3 scopes I have in stock. I may do a short write up on it with pictures.

GC

Max-
Do you sell scopes? I've been looking for a SIII 6-24. If you have one available, please PM or email me. Thanks in advance

Everyone is looking for a SIII 6-24x50 MD. There are none to be had until Sightron gets more in and ships them out. They told me more are on the way and they should have them in about two weeks. You know how that goes, two weeks turns into three, then four ...ect

They are worth the wait so be patient and ready to buy.

GC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAX100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are looking for the 3.5-10x44 MD new Sightron SIII I have a couple in stock. Give me an email.

GC </div></div>

Max100,

If you would like to become an official Hide vendor I suggest you contact Lowlight and pay your dues like the rest of us.

I do not appreciate the trolling or churning or whatever it is you are doing.

We work very hard to serve the members here and slyly offering comments about what you have in stock just isn't cool.

If I understand the rules correctly you can post items for sale in the "Optics for sale" section with a price.

This is not the place to do this.

Thanks,

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Max100,

Do you have website or anything for your store?</div></div>

I am working on a website that should be up in about a month. Most of my business has been local but that is changing. I am a firearms dealer and stocking some tactical scopes. I also make accessories for tactical shotguns: tube extensions & tactical bolt handles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Max100,

If you would like to become an official Hide vendor I suggest you contact Lowlight and pay your dues like the rest of us.</div></div>

I was asked by some SH members if I had any Sightron scopes for sale. They sought me out. I was just answering their questions.

GC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAX100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are looking for the 3.5-10x44 MD new Sightron SIII I have a couple in stock. Give me an email.

GC </div></div>

This wasn't predicated by any questions to you in this thread. It was a solicitation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAX100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got in a Sightron Big Sky SII 6.5-20x50 MD it is an excellent scope for the money. The very nice glass, just as clear as a Nikon Monarch X 4-16X50 and Leupold VX-3 scopes <span style="font-style: italic">I have in stock</span>. I may do a short write up on it with pictures.

GC </div></div>

Here you are mentioning you have Nikon and Lupy scopes in stock. You weren't asked about these.

Nevertheless, I've made my stance known. It's up to the mods to do something if they feel it's warranted.

Scott

The post on the 3.5-10 Sightron scopes was in response to emails I received asking if I had any in stock

<span style="font-weight: bold">Please contact Scott @ Liberty Optics for all of your Optic needs. I have heard he has very good prices, excellent customer service and very fast shipping.</span>

GC