• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes nikon scopes vs bushnell

gman4955

Private
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2011
Mackay Qld australia
What brand of scope would u reccomend? I'm thinking of getting a savage 16/116fcss 243 wanna use it for hunting and target. Want it to let in a bit of light as ill be hunting dawn, dusk and night.. aswell as day. Wanna be able to place a half decent shot at 500yds. Thanks

Re: nikon scopes vs bushnell

I have the Bushnell FFP 3-12x44 1/10 mil scope and
a Bushnell HDMR with a Horus. I like them very much.
I have used a Nikon before but none of them have the
features that I prefer such as FFP and mil/mil.
David

Gman, Check out Nikon's BDC Reticle Scopes. Perfect for whatever you are going to shoot. I have a Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 BDC on my Winchester Model 70 Coyote in .243. I use this with 55 grain screamers for predators and 90 grainers for Texas deer. With the BDC reticle and Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program I can customize the BDC to my specific ammo. Best of all, Spot On is free to use. You can print different shooting information that gives you the corresponding distances for each BDC circle.
Check it out, Nikonhunting.com, click on Spot On logo.
I hope this information helps you out?

I've had several nikons. Cheep 3-9x40 and monarchs 5.5-20x44. I like them alot. Very clear glass and good for the price .. no experience with Bushnell.

I have several Nikon Monarchs and like them. They are pretty clear and bright. They don't have a whole lot of adjustment range, but the ones I have are 1" scope tubes.

Great to hear positive endorsements from the guys who use Nikon scopes. Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program has really enhanced the use of the BDC Reticle. Allowing the user to enter the scope they are using, cal. and ammo data and get corresponding distances for each BDC cirlcle. I have watched guys brand new to this system connect on steel deer targets at 623 yards. Made a believer out of them pretty quickly. Obviously this isn't a substitute for range time and practicing using the BDC reticle, but when you do, the resluts can be freezer filling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barton Hege</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great to hear positive endorsements from the guys who use Nikon scopes. Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program has really enhanced the use of the BDC Reticle. Allowing the user to enter the scope they are using, cal. and ammo data and get corresponding distances for each BDC cirlcle. I have watched guys brand new to this system connect on steel deer targets at 623 yards. Made a believer out of them pretty quickly. Obviously this isn't a substitute for range time and practicing using the BDC reticle, but when you do, the resluts can be freezer filling.
</div></div>

Bart is Spot On with his recommendation.
smile.gif

I am one of his believers. I was able to take shots out to 500 yards with a .308 the first time I used a Monarch with the BDC. The system really does work great!

Chase B.

Between me, dad, and brothers we have 5 nikons (buckmasters and monarchs) and I have a Bushnell elite 6500. This is the 3rd scope, the first two bushnells broke right away. We love the nikons, good quality build and clear glass. I also love the bdc reticles matched up with the Nikon Spot On ballistic information. For a decent hunting scope that is still affordable I always go Vortex or Nikon.

Well the lad here where I live that owns the gun shop he said most of nikons scopes are made in the phillipines.. and qaulity is not all that good.. is this true?

The earlier ( I believe) Monarch Gold 30 mm scope was made in Japan.