• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nikon vouchers/replacements for unrepairable discontinued scopes?

pell1203

Stay Focused!
Minuteman
  • Dec 27, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    Given that Nikon is presently out of the scope business these days I’ve heard they are providing Nikon store vouchers for any scopes they are not able to repair or replace.

I have a Nikon Black FX 1000 4-16x50 illuminated model that is giving me fits trying to zero. I’ve since remounted it on a different rifle and continue to have issues with the scope not holding zero.

I have tried calling Nikon but cannot get a straight answer as to whether they have replacement stock for my scope or what $ amount of voucher credit will be issued unless I first send it in for them to evaluate.

While this seems like a reasonable request, I’d like to first ask if any have returned similar product to Nikon and are willing to share if they received a replacement scope or were instead offered a store voucher to resolve the issue. And, if issued a voucher, was it for full replacement cost or an otherwise reduced value based on what you had originally paid for the scope?

Reactions: TreyMeTrey
    I have been able to get a hold of them easily with a quick response. I emailed them but also have called, albeit was several months ago.
    I was told they would honor the warranty and repair or replace anything under the no fault warranty. This doesn’t exactly answer your question but I’m also confused why you can’t get the answer from them. They’ve been quick to respond on several occasions. Getting extra turrets and battery covers for FX1000 scope and a rangefinder. All free of charge.

db2000, I did not mean to give the impression they were hard to reach. They’ve been easy to get a hold of, I just can’t get a direct answer as to whether they still have replacement stock in house or, if deemed unrepairable, what the value of the replacement voucher would be.

Could just be one department doesn’t communicate well with another but I sort of wanted to know this before I spend $35-40 to ship and insure since they would not provide a prepaid return authorization when I told them about issues I was having.

Gotcha. Don’t blame you. It’s brutal shipping a scope. Europtic may be able to help as they took a lot of their stock. Good luck with it.

Reactions: TreyMeTrey
    Thanks. EuroOptic all out!

I am mostly surprised that no one that had sent Nikon a scope for repair and was offered a voucher has replied. I was told they had very few models still in stock for replacement inventory.

I’d mostly like to know if you were offered a voucher did you think it was a fair value for what it would cost you to replace your original purchase?

Fair or not, at this point it's pretty much water under the bridge in my opinion. Whatever they would give you in voucher cost is worth more than a broken scope

Reactions: LonewolfMcQuade
    They will repair it. This sounds like a repairable issue (if they have the parts needed, if any). If they cannot repair, they give you a credit. They repaired my 6-24 Black scope but told me if they couldn't I'd get a credit for effectively what I paid for it, which was at a 20% ish discount.

Given that Nikon is presently out of the scope business these days I’ve heard they are providing Nikon store vouchers for any scopes they are not able to repair or replace.

I have a Nikon Black FX 1000 4-16x50 illuminated model that is giving me fits trying to zero. I’ve since remounted it on a different rifle and continue to have issues with the scope not holding zero.

I have tried calling Nikon but cannot get a straight answer as to whether they have replacement stock for my scope or what $ amount of voucher credit will be issued unless I first send it in for them to evaluate.

While this seems like a reasonable request, I’d like to first ask if any have returned similar product to Nikon and are willing to share if they received a replacement scope or were instead offered a store voucher to resolve the issue. And, if issued a voucher, was it for full replacement cost or an otherwise reduced value based on what you had originally paid for the scope?
    I hate to say this but it sounds like a really bad idea for a Scope Dealer/Store as a business decision.
    On the other side from a shooter I think it would be nice if would could do that.
    I do not think it will ever materialize though.
    I wish you Good luck.