• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nikon warranty

ironman56

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2020
I have a Nikon 6x20 monarch scope that the cross hair has become tilted , is there a place that still does warranty work on them , also have a pair of bino's that need eye cups, I know they're out of the scope business, but does that mean no warranty.?

I thought Nikon’s warranty was only good for one year after purchase. IIRC that was announced after Nikon announced termination of scope manufacturing

I have a Nikon 6x20 monarch scope that the cross hair has become tilted , is there a place that still does warranty work on them , also have a pair of bino's that need eye cups, I know they're out of the scope business, but does that mean no warranty.?
They told me a few years ago they would continue to replace if possible. Not sure what happens if they don’t have stock left. Maybe something comparable. Hopefully you’ve called and asked Nikon directly already by now. 🤣

Last edited:
They told me a few years ago they would continue to replace if possible. Not sure what happens if they don’t have stock left. Maybe something comparable. Hopefully you’ve called and asked Nikon directly already by now. 🤣
I haven't called yet , thought the hide might have some insight on this , camera land used to sell alot of nikon products , I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Maybe he's waiting for our local warranty "expert" to come in and give his answer.
They will need a copy of your original proof of purchase receipt in order to get you grandfathered in for warranty regarding their older lifetime warranty scopes. No proof of purchase receipt to prove that you're the original owner you're SOL.

On the plus side, if you have your original purchase receipt, and they're unable to repair or replace your scope, they may offer you full retail credit of your broken scope to use towards a pair of their binoculars that don't have a lifetime warranty but at least it's something.

You may luck out and even catch one of their easier going warranty customer service folks having a good day who might bend the rules for you but no promises. They have done it in the past during the early stages of screwing everyone over but not sure if they still do it today.

They still currently sell binoculars so that part shouldn't be a problem but proof of purchase is needed and won't hurt to ask them to point you in the right direction who besides them can repair or get replacement parts from.

Reactions: Charmingmander