• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nikon X1000 Scopes

ratton

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2009
Nevada
Just saw Nikon has returned to the scene with 2 new tactical scopes. A 4-16x50 and a 6-24x50. Unfortunately right now, it appears they are 30mm tube Second Focal Plane scopes with 17 mils of travel. (Hopefully a Front Focal Plane option is in the works.)They seem to be priced very competitively. I have a couple of the original Nikon Tactical (4-16x50) with the MOA turrets with both the Gen2 copy Mildot and Nikoplex reticles. I compare them favorably to Leupold Mk 4"s I have. These new scopes come in MOA and Mil options. I enjoyed the old original Nilkon Tactical Scopes and refer to them as the Rodney Dangerfield of Tactical Scopes (for some reason they got no respect). Hopefully Nikon will have a successful product this time around. If anyone has more info to share it would be appreciated.

I know they are moving strongly towards the precision rifle market. They've had representation at the last couple matches here in the NW and have hired a top level PRS shooter to work as the Product Manager for their Sport Optics Division. I expect we'll see more good things from them.

I just picked up one of the 4-16x50 versions, with the MOA reticle. I'm going to mount it on a Remington 700 SPS. I've got the mount and rings, but haven't had a chance to put it all together yet. I'll let you know how it works after I get a chance to take it to the range.

Well thats pretty cool. Remember when there were only like 2 shows in town. These days every, "which scope thread," is a page long just listing options, then we get to the opinion arguing. Not too many years ago if you wanted FFP MIL/MIL, it was SWFA 5-20, or Weaver Tactical, or spend 2k plus for that weird EURO metric shit. I always wanted to see the Monarch X, but ultimately chose to go with the MK4 3.5-10 with M3 adjustments.