• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nimrod sniper scope 6x40

clcdws

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2009
Does anybody know anything about them? I picked one up in mint condition.

Used by Israelis on their Galil and M14 snipers predominantly, what do you want to know?

Old class 6x scope I am almost certain it was made for IMI by Hakko of Japan it was the standard scope in the 70-80's and replaced the kahles and wild scopes that were used it is very robust and basic scope, the elevation turret was set up for M-852 168 grain 7.62x51 ammunition and it should be ok for shooting it up to 800 meter in one revolution if I remember correctly if you want I can try and ask a friend from IMI if he has an operating manual
Any way I feel that the scope is an old fashion and a bit outdated for precision shooting
Good luck

Hey Gol1,

If you could post a copy of the manual I would really appreciate it. I have one of the IDF Mauser 66SP with one of these scopes mounted on it.

Nervous

Old class 6x scope I am almost certain it was made for IMI by Hakko of Japan it was the standard scope in the 70-80's and replaced the kahles and wild scopes that were used it is very robust and basic scope, the elevation turret was set up for M-852 168 grain 7.62x51 ammunition and it should be ok for shooting it up to 800 meter in one revolution if I remember correctly if you want I can try and ask a friend from IMI if he has an operating manual
Any way I feel that the scope is an old fashion and a bit outdated for precision shooting
Good luck

Mauser SP-66 that's my dream rifle, I will try to get the manual from my friend next week
I would be really thankfull if you can upload some pictures of the rifle,

Nimrods and the Kahles scopes were very robust designs and built for mounting on an accurized M1a for target engagement to 600yds. The originals had Tritium in them for night shooting but most of it was removed prior to selling to the public.

These scopes used to sell for $250-$350 back when i obught them...NOW they run $500-800

There was an add on armslist about 3 weeks ago out of Florida I think...The guy had an Isreali wodden M21 stock, bipod, Kahles ZF95 with scope mount ALL for like $900 which was a steal I just dont own an M1A anymore

Last edited: