• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Nit picky examiners

Captain Moroni

Well armed easily annoyed
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2007
Pocatello ID
www.highdeserttactical.us
Have any other dealer noticed examiners being nit picky about stuff on form 4's? I'm not talking about mistakes I have had a couple forms returned to me lately. One of my own for a form 1 SBR because I didnt put Me and my Wife revocable trust <span style="text-decoration: underline">agreement</span> thats the name of the document the name of the trust is the Me and my Wife revocable trust. I tried to explain it to them but they didn't get it. I sent copy's of all my other forms that were approved with the Me and my Wife revocable trust with the correction they wanted.

I had a customer get a form 1 returned for the same reason and he had his lawyer call the examiner and explain it to them and he got his approved with no correction.

I also had a customers form returned because I left the "point" out of 7.62 on the caliber. I may have just had a light pen and Yes I know it should have been there but I thought that was a bit much.

Is my examiner just a dip shit or everyone having trouble?

Re: Nit picky examiners

It's the examiner assistants that are kicking them back to us. Not the examiners themselves.

I would have kicked it back too! *My Wife and I*
grin.gif

I had a Form 4 kicked back because the model name was not the same as in the registry. I pulled the Form 2 when from when I manufactured the item, and the model was the exact same as what was listed on the Form 4. I called our examiner, and he stated it was an error with their data entry people and to return the forms, error letter and a copy of the Form 2 for clarification. The only good thing is once you receive an error letter and return it, you are probably within a week of being approved.

There were a number of abuses by some unscrupulous individuals to change models, calibers and makers in the past and ATF is going overboard to keep it from happening again. They used to look at the last form for this info and now they are going back to the original form used for registration so all the info must be correct. A lot of us used to correct the wrong info when we transferred items out and that has caused problems too. I received an MG with a caliber of 9mm that should have been 7.9mm and it got kicked back when I sent it in as a 7.9mm. I tried to explain to the examiner that the original form from 1946 was faded and did say 7.9 but she couldn't read it. She told me to put 9mm and leave it at that....silly but thats how it is. Wrong is better than right as long as it matches.
Frank

We have seen a bunch more kickbacks for things in the trust as well. One of our customers trust said exhibit A instead of Schedule A. Oh well. Hopefully our transfer times pick up because it is putting a serious slow down in business.