• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Nitehog? anyone used them?

bcw1284

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2008
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I'm looking for an affordable clip on NODS, yes I know there are some good dedicated units like the d-series, but I want a clip-on so that I can use it on all my rifles without significant hassle. I don't want to convert my bolt guns to QD mounts, etc. when I can just run a forward rail for the NODS.

I have seen the ATN ps-22 and the ps-40, but they scare me because ATN has such a shitty reputation.

I stumbled across this item, and I couldn't find a lot of reviews on it. http://www.nvgstore.com/NITEHOG-WARTHOG-Warthog.htm

Anyone used these? Are they any good? Is this just a re-badged unit from someone else or are these their own animal? Any better alternatives @ similar or lower pricing? I can't blow $10k on a pvs-22/24/etc. unit so please don't admonish me to buy one of those.

Uses will be primarily on my mk12 mod 1, on bolt & gas guns up to 7.62 including an m14. PVS 14 is not going to work for what I want to do, I really want to stick with a clip on. 2nd gen is ok, 3rd would be awesome though. Use is for predator control and general night time fun at sub-300 yards.

Thanks.

Re: Nitehog? anyone used them?

I've used the Nitehog clip on and I wasn't impressed. The ATN products work well, IF you have it set up by someone in the know. There is a new US made clip on
coming soon that will be in same price range but with better performance. It is very impressive.

Thats Intresting
smile.gif
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wes1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've used the Nitehog clip on and I wasn't impressed. The ATN products work well, IF you have it set up by someone in the know. There is a new US made clip on
<span style="color: #FF0000">coming soon that will be in same price range but with better performance. It is very impressive.</span> </div></div>

would that be the one TNVC is working on? I'm anxious to hear about that but was afraid of the price tag. Or is it something else? Do tell man, do tell!

IF it is in the same price range as some of these other rigs then i'd be interested for sure.

I hear you are the guy to ask about the ATN units, I know the ps-22 often needs to be re-collimated, is that an issue with the ps-40 as well?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">would that be the one TNVC is working on? I'm anxious to hear about that but was afraid of the price tag. Or is it something else? Do tell man, do tell!

IF it is in the same price range as some of these other rigs then i'd be interested for sure.

I hear you are the guy to ask about the ATN units, I know the ps-22 often needs to be re-collimated, is that an issue with the ps-40 as well? </div></div>

Not TNVC's

i use nitehog all the time, they have some really great stuff. the tuskir384 is an awesome thermal unit and they have a gen 3 20x clip on coming this year in a very attractive price range.

Wes1, where can I find more info on this new unit, or at least where should I watch for more info as it becomes available?

You're in the right place. Stay tuned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wes1, where can I find more info on this new unit, or at least where should I watch for more info as it becomes available?</div></div>

the new unit is already out and being delivered in limited quantities, and Wes and I are both waiting anxiously and patiently for our existing units to be upgraded to the newest specs once existing commitments and orders are filled...

The only NH clip-on outside and I know this from Our relationship with Nite Hog where Pre Production samples for evaluation only and not the same as the Current Production Model there 60+/- days out on Production Be looking for a ASM1 review.I know it will be Good NiteHog is QUALITY.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The only NH clip-on outside and I know this from Our relationship with Nite Hog where Pre Production samples for evaluation only and not the same as the Current Production Model there 60+/- days out on Production Be looking for a ASM1 review.I know it will be Good NiteHog is QUALITY.

</div></div>

Understood, I would like to try out a production unit.
Bring one down and we'll go shoot some pigs