• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nitrex or Mueller for .22 out to 200yds

.257wby

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2009
Dallas, TX
Nitrex 6-20x50's are going for $189 on Natchez's
Mueller APT is about 169.

This decision would be really easy for me but the Nitrex has only 30moa of internal adjustment. I want to put this on a cz452, and I would like to be able to shoot out to 200.

WIll the Nitrex be able to get the job done? Seems to blow the mueller away with glass quality but would that be worth not having a mil reticle and adequate internal adjustment?

Re: Nitrex or Mueller for .22 out to 200yds

Using redfield sights I have had to use between 24.5 MOA to 28 MOA of elevation adjustment to get me to 200 yards. Depending on the ammo and velocity of the bullet from subsonic to standard to high velocity. You need a scope that has a minimum of 60 MOA internal adjustment or at least a mount with 20 MOA built into it.

i have a nitrex tr2 5-15x42 on a cz 452 with 20moa base and i get to 250 fine with out holdovers

Not to step on any toes, but I think this is a better scope than both. It's on sale too.

Vette might know where you could get one.

I'm an A-hole. Sorry, I erased the link when I realized Vette was a dealer. IMO, the Vortex Crossfire 6-24x50 is a better scope than the above mentioned. I think they can be had for about $150ish.

Funny story, I actually have the 6-24 crossfire, won it at a tacpro raffle. Problem is I can't find it. It really makes me angry. Seemed like a decent scope when I won it though...

I just upgraded to a Razor from a Crossfire on my .300 wm. The Crossfire never had a mechanical issue. I'm actually going to put it on a .22 trainer this winter.