• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NJ practice nightmare

DMastro

Private
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2023
NJ
I live in North NJ. We only have one range up to 300 yards. I’d like to shoot up to and beyond 1000. Anyone around me with any connections to clubs/land willing to help? Thanks

Mifflin County Sportsmens Association in PA is 1035 yards.
Thunder Valley in Ohio goes to a mile maybe more.
Black Bear shooting in VA
Peacemaker National Training Center in VA

Scott

Reactions: Baron23
Ck out Sheepdog in Catskill NY.

Move to Texas. From an ex Essex County born and raised Jerseyan.

20yrs ago and never looked back. Typing this in Freehold NJ tonight.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
Since this is a recent post, figured I'd jump in. I'm located in Monmouth County, about middle of the state. Been looking for a good range within 2 hours to practice. At this point I'd even settle for 100yd range, ad I can't even find that. A few of the longer yardage spots a bit south of me are either on a wait list, need to know someone, or only do membership once a year. Just ordered my first rifle and want a decent range to start to learn at.

Since this is a recent post, figured I'd jump in. I'm located in Monmouth County, about middle of the state. Been looking for a good range within 2 hours to practice. At this point I'd even settle for 100yd range, ad I can't even find that. A few of the longer yardage spots a bit south of me are either on a wait list, need to know someone, or only do membership once a year. Just ordered my first rifle and want a decent range to start to learn at.
300yd is probably the minimum I would look for in a regular range. Otherwise, get a 22LR trainer, for regular training on shorter ranges, and extend your driving radius for centrefire. There's tons of 'rifle ranges' showing up on google search in NJ, but only you can calculate drive radius.

Hudson Farms has 900 yds in Hopatcong .
Isn’t Hudson farms private? I heard you need a member invite. Cherry Ridge isn’t bad but max is 300, not ideal. Anyone here have connections to Hudson?

Tommy Gun Shooting Range is 600yds in Honesdale Pa.

Isn’t Hudson farms private? I heard you need a member invite. Cherry Ridge isn’t bad but max is 300, not ideal. Anyone here have connections to Hudson?
Yes it's private , they do have parking for your chopper after your pilot drops you off at the club house.

Reactions: asplund01
I went ahead and signed up for cherry ridge. For me, just learning, I'm content with max 300yd for now. I went up a few weeks ago, it's a pretty cool spot. Can certainly have some fun there for a few hours.