• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s No bridge for 9 years??????????????????

I guess no else uses GPS in that area so that's why he was the first in 9 years?

Reactions: babyguppy
A little better than half of 226a slid off the mountain in the 90's and stayed that way for months. The state put a traffic cone by it.

Sorry but this is funny. Did he think the bridge was invisible when he continued to drive straight past the signs, that were more than likely there, that said "Bridge Out"??

Maybe he just got done watching Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade for the very first time and believed he could take the leap of faith. ;)

How fast was he going that a "20ft" fall killed him, no seatbelt
Maybe, was it full of water and he drown?

I feel like they are leaving shit out of the story.

Sorry but this is funny. Did he think the bridge was invisible when he continued to drive straight past the signs, that were more than likely there, that said "Bridge Out"??
I highly doubt there weren't at least SOME kind of warning.

Even in rural outer BFE there's at least some kind of warning

M

It's a tiny bridge in a residential community.

It washed out 10 years ago and the locals never bothered to put up signs.

I highly doubt there weren't at least SOME kind of warning.

Even in rural outer BFE there's at least some kind of warning

M
Says they were washed away supposedly

if they say so

I'd suggest that user error played a very large roll. Outdriving your sight distance can indeed be deadly

M
Said it was night time and raining, I definitely drive like grandma in those conditions on unfamiliar roads. They love random 90* corners here around property lines.

So the taxpayers get to donate to the family now.
It's the taxpayers fault that they don't elect the best people. (Road superintendent is an elected position here).
Why didn't this dumbass know that the bridge was out? Why was he following gps? Has he not been living in the area?
Lots of questions about this one

Is a cement barrier (1 8 foot section) that expensive? or bend back some of that left over guard rail.
Dark and rainy is never a good combination. Hell, a hard down pour, poor visibility, damn sad.
@akmike47 ; maybe the airbags went off and stunned him, he couldn't get seatbelt off being upside down and drowned.
who knows..Hell, even the forest service will drop a tree and a pile of dirt..

Reactions: akmike47
Said it was night time and raining, I definitely drive like grandma in those conditions on unfamiliar roads. They love random 90* corners here around property lines.
how is night time and raining an excuse? Outdriving your sightlines is outdriving your sightlines regardless

You'd think 'no road' would be a clue that there's a bridge out but what do I know?!

M

Reactions: woogie_man
how is night time and raining an excuse? Outdriving your sightlines is outdriving your sightlines regardless

You'd think 'no road' would be a clue that there's a bridge out but what do I know?!

M
How is backing up what you said an excuse?

everyone's so quick to get in a little tizzy on here lately lol.

The family should sue Jeep. After all, according to their commercials that pos can go anywhere do anything. A 20ft jump should be nothing.

• Haha
It's a tiny bridge in a residential community.

It washed out 10 years ago and the locals never bothered to put up signs.
Watch out for this stuff in NC.

We have some janky-ass little bridges here. My butt puckers up every time I drive over one of them on my way to the office.

There were a lot of huge mills here before the textile industry was handed to Asia. We have a couple in my town, one that's almost 1m square feet on 48 acres. Some of the roads leading to and surrounding the old mill are blocked off with piles of dirt and concrete now. They're not straight roads either, so if you're lost and come around a bend too fast you can find yourself in a pickle.

How is backing up what you said an excuse?

everyone's so quick to get in a little tizzy on here lately lol.
Except I'm not in a tizzy.

I AM tired of everyone blaming someone else for their hose-ups tho. That guy was obviously driving too fast for conditions and paid the price. The 'there was no sign' excuse is just that: an excuse for outdriving his sightlines

Personal responsibility for one's actions seems to be a thing of the past

M

Except I'm not in a tizzy.

I AM tired of everyone blaming someone else for their hose-ups tho. That guy was obviously driving too fast for conditions and paid the price. The 'there was no sign' excuse is just that: an excuse for outdriving his sightlines

Personal responsibility for one's actions seems to be a thing of the past

M
It's sure reads like you are, youre post sounds like butthurt because I'm agreeing with you think about that lol.

Watch out for this stuff in NC.

We have some janky-ass little bridges here. My butt puckers up every time I drive over one of them on my way to the office.

There were a lot of huge mills here before the textile industry was handed to Asia. We have a couple in my town, one that's almost 1m square feet on 48 acres. Some of the roads leading to and surrounding the old mill are blocked off with piles of dirt and concrete now. They're not straight roads either, so if you're lost and come around a bend too fast you can find yourself in a pickle.

My favorites are those really old single lane wooden bridges like in Funny Farm. Those damn things are all over the place back east.

Here in Arizona we have public roads that are rutted and washboarded to the point that your teeth will fall out.

Reactions: vinniedelpino
So the taxpayers get to donate to the family now.
It's the taxpayers fault that they don't elect the best people. (Road superintendent is an elected position here).
Why didn't this dumbass know that the bridge was out? Why was he following gps? Has he not been living in the area?
Lots of questions about this one
Private road owned by a defunct since 1994 partnership. Public won't be accountable for this one, other than the likely additional attention for the government to buy it and make the repairs.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
It's sure reads like you are, youre post sounds like butthurt because I'm agreeing with you think about that lol.
Not a bit of butthurt. I don't have a dog in this fight.

Someone effed around and found out. Too bad for him.

M

My favorites are those really old single lane wooden bridges like in Funny Farm. Those damn things are all over the place back east.Ther

Here in Arizona we have public roads that are rutted and washboarded to the point that your teeth will fall out.
there's one of those semi-close to me. County shut it down a bit ago. Signs everywhere and barriers across the road...

If you manage to miss the signs and the barriers both? Too bad for you. I've ridden my bicycle across that bridge. Let's you get off the busy road sooner. The residents in the area have to go WAY out of their way to get home now. I'm surprised they haven't agitated more to get the bridge rebuilt

M