• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

No CCI rimfire for the time being?

c1steve

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 16, 2010
WA
I posted a comment from a Champion's Choice recently, where they stated that CCI was currently making 45ACP for the military and not making 22LR. Many persons scoffed, but I have not been able to find it anywhere for months.

I received a note from Midway today, stating:

CCI Mini-Mag High Velocity Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Plated Lead Round Nose Box of 500 (5 Boxes of 100) status changed from Out of Stock, No Backorder to Discontinued by Manufacturer.

CCI Standard Velocity Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round Nose Box of 500 (5 Boxes of 100) status changed from Out of Stock, No Backorder to Discontinued by MidwayUSA.

This makes me think that Champion's Choice was being honest, and that CCI has a big mil contract to fulfill. Note also that the Marines are getting the new 1911A1, and so will need lots of ammo to practice with and put in inventory.

Totally different equipment to make .45 and .22.

AFAIK, totally separate factories.

Add this tidbit of information to what you're already smoking:

Federal and CCI Allocate 20,000,000 Rounds for Youth Shooting « Daily Bulletin

In cooperation with the Youth Shooting Sports Alliance (YSSA), Federal Premium Ammunition and sister company CCI have allocated 20 million rounds of rimfire ammunition to youth shooting sports programs. This will be sold at a discounted price, well below market value. The Boy Scouts of America will receive ten million .22 LR shells, and another ten million will be sent to other organizations. The Federal and CCI rimfire ammo will ship directly to the Boys Scouts of America, 4-H Shooting Sports, Scholastic Steel Challenge, and other qualified youth organizations. The ammo will ship later this month to ensure adequate supplies for summer camps and youth training programs.

Federal Premium and CCI have been supporting youth outreach programs for decades. The latest allocation of 20 Million .22 LR rounds supports the need for affordable and reliable ammunition. “We work very closely with several youth organizations who promote the youth shooting sports,” said Federal Premium Conservation Manager Ryan Bronson. “Their efforts are very important to us, and always have been. Many of them rely on rimfire ammunition to educate and teach tomorrow’s hunters and shooting sports enthusiasts. The current demand has put a strain on their ability to continue to operate. We hope this special allocation will ease some of the pressure, and keep our young people doing what they love — shooting and hunting.”

As for MidwayUSA:

CCI Mini-Mag High Velocity Ammo 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Plated Lead

You can still "order" the 100rounds per box. They are no longer offering the five pack of 100 round boxes.

If I had several five packs on backorder with Midway and they cancelled my backorder because of a packaging/bundling change on CCI's part I would most certainly be on the phone giving crazy Uncle Larry an earfull about how he was going to honor my order.

Last edited:
I posted a comment from a Champion's Choice recently, where they stated that CCI was currently making 45ACP for the military and not making 22LR. Many persons scoffed, but I have not been able to find it anywhere for months.

I received a note from Midway today, stating:

CCI Mini-Mag High Velocity Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Plated Lead Round Nose Box of 500 (5 Boxes of 100) status changed from Out of Stock, No Backorder to Discontinued by Manufacturer.

CCI Standard Velocity Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round Nose Box of 500 (5 Boxes of 100) status changed from Out of Stock, No Backorder to Discontinued by MidwayUSA.

This makes me think that Champion's Choice was being honest, and that CCI has a big mil contract to fulfill. Note also that the Marines are getting the new 1911A1, and so will need lots of ammo to practice with and put in inventory.

Keep in mind that this is the same Midway that shows P-Mags as discontinued. We know that is BS. While I don't know what the hell they're doing, I doubt it's related. BTW; didn't the military stop using 45acp as a primary side arm quite some time ago? I know it's used in some places but for the most part 9mm is the name of the game.

t

That 20 million rounds for juniors is a great idea. Still, I think CCI could shift production in favor of one caliber.

The marines SOC have an order with Colt to make up to 10,000 new M45 CQB pistols.
Marines Pick Colt for New Pistol | Military.com
Colt Awarded Contract from U.S. Marine Corps - Guns & Ammo

Reading reports, looks like a great pistol. I suspect that MARSOC wants more power than the 9mm round, and is not concerned with defeating body armor. DHS is using the 357 Sig, probably because of better penetration through vehicles and ballistic vests.

From CCI website FAQ's:
We are currently experiencing high demand for our products. We appreciate your patience and support and remain committed to serving all of our customers, from hunters and sport shooters to those who protect our country and our streets.

Q: Why is ammunition in certain calibers so hard to find?

A: The current market and environment is causing stronger than usual demand for products in our industry.

Q: Are certain contracts taking ammunition away from civilians?

A: No. We remain committed to serving all channels of our business. The majority of our product serves the commercial market.

Q: Why can't you just make more ammunition?

A: Our facilities operate 24-hours a day. We are continually making process improvements to increase our efficiency and investing in capital and personnel where we have sustained demand. We are bringing additional capacity online again this year.

Q: What is your stance on the current gun legislation?

A: We support the second amendment and responsible gun ownership. We remain fully engaged in the legislative and regulatory process to provide the most accurate and comprehensive information to decision makers. Like most major manufacturers in our industry, we are also members of the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF). This organization helps represent our industry and our customers before federal, state and local government entities. More information about legislation and our industry's positions can be found at NSSF - National Shooting Sports Foundation.

A Letter to our Customers

CCI is a committed partner to the shooting sports industry. Despite our consistent and dedicated efforts, there remains much speculation and misinformation regarding the availability of commercial ammunition.

link to customer letter:

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/downloads/13-CustomerLetter_FINAL.pdf

There is a few gun shops around western Missouri who have some CCI SV. They ration it to only one or two boxes at a time, but this is a huge improvement to the last few months (NONE at all, at least not on the days I went shopping).
Keep an eye on GunBot find 223 5.56 AR-15 ammo in stock, they are pretty up to date with ammo.

BULLSHIT
as of 11:08 PM Tonight:

« ‹ 1 › »
$23.99
Rebate
Out of Stock, No Backorder
Notify Me Notify me ofwhat?

CCI Mini-Mag High Velocity Ammunition Troy Landry Special Edition 22 Long Rifle 36 Grain Plated Lead Hollow Point Box of 375
3.8 Read 11 Reviews
$21.49
Rebate

CCI AR Tactical Rimfire Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Plated Round Nose Box of 375
4.6 Read 27 Reviews
$6.69 - $32.99
Rebate
Mixed Availability
Select Options

CCI Mini-Mag High Velocity Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Plated Lead Round Nose
4.9 Read 66 Reviews
$2.29 - $20.49
Rebate
Mixed Availability
Select Options

CCI Blazer Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round Nose
4.4 Read 95 Reviews
$2.89 - $26.99
Rebate
Mixed Availability
Select Options

CCI Quiet Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round Nose
4.3 Read 39 Reviews
$6.99 - $33.99
Rebate
Mixed Availability
Select Options

CCI Mini-Mag High Velocity Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 36 Grain Plated Lead Hollow Point
4.8 Read 37 Reviews
$5.99 - $57.99
Rebate
Mixed Availability
Select Options

CCI Stinger Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 32 Grain Plated Lead Hollow Point
4.8 Read 73 Reviews
$5.99 - $58.99
Rebate
Mixed Availability
Select Options

CCI Velocitor Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Plated Lead Hollow Point
4.8 Read 92 Reviews
$6.99 - $33.99
Rebate
Mixed Availability
Select Options

CCI Standard Velocity Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round Nose
4.6 Read 43 Reviews
$7.19 - $35.99
Rebate
Mixed Availability
Select Options

CCI Ammunition 22 Long Rifle Subsonic 40 Grain Lead Hollow Point
4.2 Read 55 Reviews
$6.39 - $59.99
Rebate
Mixed Availability
Select Options

CCI Quik-Shok Ammunition 22 Long Rifle Subsonic 40 Grain Plated Lead Hollow Point
4.5 Read 13 Reviews
$5.59
Rebate

CCI Shotshell Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 31 Grain #12 Shot Box of 20
4.0 Read 21 Reviews
$7.99 - $74.99
Rebate
Mixed Availability
Select Options

CCI Quik-Shok Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 32 Grain Plated Lead Hollow Point
4.8 Read 28 Reviews
$16.49 - $81.99
Rebate
Mixed Availability
Select Options

CCI Green Tag Competition Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round Nose
4.1 Read 33 Reviews
$8.29 - $81.99
Rebate
Mixed Availability
Select Options

CCI Pistol Match Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round Nose
4.9 Read 8 Reviews
$14.99 - $70.99
Rebate
Mixed Availability
Select Options

CCI Select Precision Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round Nose
4.7 Read 11 Reviews
$5.99 - $55.99
Rebate
Mixed Availability
Select Options

CCI SGB Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Truncated Cone
4.9 Read 12 Reviews
$7.49 - $69.99
Rebate
Mixed Availability
Select Options

CCI Short Range Green Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 21 Grain Truncated Cone Hollow Point Lead-Free
2.8 Read 5 Reviews

Was at my local dealer this morning.
They had just unloaded 10 cases of CCI Blazer (no idea how many bulk paks in a case) that they had ordered two weeks ago.

I don't see a good reason for threads like these. Other than some people wanting to spread fear and rumors. If you don't have any 22lr tough shit, sorry you didn't buy buy more over the last how many years you could have. They are still producing it, along with ever other rimfire manufacture. You almost seem like you would be happier to see them not making any.

I don't see a good reason for threads like these. Other than some people wanting to spread fear and rumors. If you don't have any 22lr tough shit, sorry you didn't buy buy more over the last how many years you could have. They are still producing it, along with ever other rimfire manufacture. You almost seem like you would be happier to see them not making any.

he got completely blown out of the water in the other thread on the same subject. the OP has stopped using common sense in favor of tin foil hat bullshit that he is posting on the internet. Not once, but twice now.

just stop and think a little bit.

That's kind of harsh, don't you think. Perhaps some people were not into shooting .22 LR until recently, such as myself. I bought my Savage MKII BV in December. Since I'm not a prepper, I didn't have 100,000 rounds of .22 stashed in my hidey awaiting the big one. So, I find that right now I cannot get the good quality .22 ammo easily or for good prices. So, sure that is my tough shit, but I do have an (appropriate) interest in availability right now.

As to the OP, I cannot speak for his motivations, but it seemed like he truly was worried about something he was told. So it's been disproved. Shame! Shame on HIM for trying to verify that story!! I say we all dogpile on his ass and make sure he never asks a dumb question again! That oughta teach him. :) :) :)

OK, that was my feeble attempt to lighten this up a little. I know that we are all a little tired of the whining that has been the norm since early January with regards to the run on ammunition and the natural scarcity that goes with that. But the attitude that says, "I've got mine so I can rag on you for not having any. Tough S**i MFer!" is just as bad as the whining in my book. Just sayin'...

All of the dicks sporting goods in my area got standard velocity this week in 500 round bricks. Walmart got mini mag and AR tactical.

There's no way CCI has shut down rimfire production to produce 45, they don't even make them under the same roof. CCI rimfire is still being made and I have also been told that the next bit will go to youth programs. As far as that goes, assuming the 20M round number is correct, they will be done with that in a few days. One CCI rimfire plant makes and ships 4M round per day and I'm told there are 2-3 CCI rimfire plants. How much of that is ammo other than 22LR or whether ATK's federal branch is under any of those roofs I don't know. Moral of the story, it really shouldn't slow things down much.

That's kind of harsh, don't you think. Perhaps some people were not into shooting .22 LR until recently, such as myself. I bought my Savage MKII BV in December. Since I'm not a prepper, I didn't have 100,000 rounds of .22 stashed in my hidey awaiting the big one. So, I find that right now I cannot get the good quality .22 ammo easily or for good prices. So, sure that is my tough shit, but I do have an (appropriate) interest in availability right now.

As to the OP, I cannot speak for his motivations, but it seemed like he truly was worried about something he was told. So it's been disproved. Shame! Shame on HIM for trying to verify that story!! I say we all dogpile on his ass and make sure he never asks a dumb question again! That oughta teach him. :) :) :)

OK, that was my feeble attempt to lighten this up a little. I know that we are all a little tired of the whining that has been the norm since early January with regards to the run on ammunition and the natural scarcity that goes with that. But the attitude that says, "I've got mine so I can rag on you for not having any. Tough S**i MFer!" is just as bad as the whining in my book. Just sayin'...

I agree what I said may have been too harsh for people who are just getting started, I've been there. Bad luck on the timing. Have patients it will eventually return to "normal". Just ignor the BS out there.

I as a rule right now I am not bothering to tell people where I have or haven't seen ammo not because of the OP's intent.....but the intent of others who can also see my posts.

Its a group of individuals and individuals themselves that are causing these shortages, and feeding them info only makes it worse.

If your new to shooting or simply looking after months and months of waiting....sorry....I didn't create the problem....but I'll be damned if I make it worse.

Oh how true.
When I was at my dealers today I picked up two bulk paks (1000) rounds of the Blazer...at the rate we shoot that will last the month.
Another fellow at the counter was buying a case (again, I don't know what is in a case...I'm thinking at least 10 bulk paks).
His reasoning...'there's a shortage, I don't want to lose the chance to get this now'
And he obviously could not see that he is part of the problem.

I agree what I said may have been too harsh for people who are just getting started, I've been there. Bad luck on the timing. Have patients it will eventually return to "normal". Just ignor the BS out there.
I appreciate it and no harm done. There certainly are people who have a hard time seeing this as a temporary shortage created, at least in large part, by those among us who are either paranoid of the worst or those who see this as a chance to make a few bucks. I understand how one could see current events and fear the worst. Add to that, a push from the fear mongers and its easy to believe just about anything.

Anyway, I'm still waiting to find some CCI SV availability, for prices less than my home mortgage. I know that it will come about.

Carry on and shoot straight.

As to the sensitive types that think everyone is being harsh let me retort. The OP has posted this tripe already and been roundly debunked by some rather glaring facts. In spite of being informed of the facts, the OP has yet again attempted to foment panic by posting more vague and rather ambiguous information that insinuates conspiracy by an ammo manufacturer, to sleight recreational ammo purchasers. Some have been so kind as to point out that not only is CCI making all the fucking rimfire ammo they can make, but is in fact making sure that the people who TRULY fucking need it ARE getting it!!!!!! Frankly I can't yell this loud enough! Hurrah for CCI, and yes QUIT YOUR FUCKING WHINING!

As to the OP I don't think anyone has been harsh enough, so let me clarify. I don't know what your fucking problem is, but if this is the best you can do at fact finding then as I have told a couple others, SHUT THE FUCK UP! We don't need this kind of shit posted every two weeks around here, especially when it is patently BULLSHIT. I feel like if this was in one of the more frequented sections a mod would have already taken it down and given the OP a stern warning.

Signed,
Tired of The Bullshit

My local dick's got standard velocity again this morning in 500 round bricks for $39.99, 10,000 round total. They also got 2 cases of Federal automatch (also made by ATK). So much for this theory.

Dicks pulls rifles off the shelves after sandy hook and people are all bent out of shape about them, so what. Walmart did the same thing but people are praising them for having rifles again for fair prices. Walmart sold us out and is in bed with Obammy with legislation, dick's didn't and isn't. They pulled some guns, big deal. They haven't raised any of their prices on guns or ammo and all the employees in the lodge at all my local stores and all friendly gun guys and support 2A.

I don't like them pulling guns more than the next guy but you have to see it from their point of view. The guns and ammo sales are a very small fraction of their sales and a lot of customers are anti gun. They don't share our same interests and might not see AR15's at the store with the libtard children while buying a baseball glove. If they said fuck you they will probably lose more business than the gun crowd. I can somewhat understand why they pulled a few guns, do I think it was right, no.

Just as a heads up, dick's will be opening a Fields and Stream store for every few dick's stores for stricly hunting and fishing stuff. They will have a much larger selection and will include a lot of AR15's as well as pistols.

If you boycott every business that doesn't support 2A, you'll have a very empty home. What about grocery stores and department stores? Most of them used to carry guns but don't anymore. Are you going to boycott grocery stores and start farming all of your food? What about your clothing?

Jump off the bandwagon, if you want to hate direct it towards companies like CTD that have completely fucked gun owners through this.

Last edited:
Whatever you have to tell yourself to get through. I've obviously hit a nerve enough for you to bring up grocery stores who haven't sold guns since the 70s as a straw man argument. Wow.

The point is they still stopped, are they anti 2A. Do you think people raised hell then? 40 years down the road from now will it be ok to shop at dick's again? What about department stores? I'm only in my mid 20's and I can remember walking into caldores and Montgomery wards and seeing guns for sale. Both are closed now but it wasn't because they stopped selling guns.

People like you make it seem like dicks makes you stick your pecker in a garbage disposal when you walk through the door. If you don't want to shop there fine, but there's no need to make it seem like somebody else is going to hell if they do. I'm sure you walk into walmart without a problem.

I run the US National Steel Championship in Florida each March and we had shooters that wanted to shoot the 22 match but had no 22L Rifle. I contacted CCI and after a few weeks they called me back and said they were sold out for over a year. That doesn't mean they were not shipping just standing orders. I was able to contact a few local stores in teh area dn they set aside some ammo as it came in for my shooters.

Walmart has been getting it in but you need to be there the day teh truck comes in or it is gone within a few hours. They limited me to 3 each 375 round boxes of CCI 40 grainers and I called a few friends to let them get some.

I plan on going back each shippment day to get a few more. just in case:)

So the point is it is available if your timing is good.

If you boycott every business that doesn't support 2A, you'll have a very empty home. What about grocery stores and department stores? Most of them used to carry guns but don't anymore. Are you going to boycott grocery stores and start farming all of your food? What about your clothing?

A store that stops selling firearms as a business decision based on the marketability and direction of the company at a random time is VERY different than a sporting goods store pulling firearms specifically because some liberals are putting pressure on our second amendment rights at a specific time. I do not fault Dick's for pulling the guns. They clearly made the decision that offending 2nd amendment supporters was better than offending anti-gun liberals. In turn, it makes strong 2nd amendment supporters want to support other gun retailers over the liberal minded Dick's. Being offended by what Dick's did is completely understandable. For me, that company happens to be Cheaper Than Dirt.......they jacked their prices on everything the second the scare hit. Now, when things return to normal they expect me back as a customer? Not a chance.