• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

No good deed goes unpunished

kopcicle

Obfuscation Engineer
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2022
Covington Wa

So I have a moment to tell you something funny.​

A few months ago I was about to give her a beautiful Martini-Enfield 303 custom for her first deer rifle.​

When I opened the case and tried to tell her about the rifle she says "Oh, what's this ?!"​

I swear she never even looked at the rifle and went straight for the 1908 Colt.​

I actually carried it as a "last chance" behind my .45 and and .380 for several years.​

The poor thing had been carried absolutely to death with only 5% blue remaining when I got it.​

In the end she's happy and later apologized profusely for ignoring my intended gift. Still the 1908 belongs to her no question.​

Since green is her favorite color I get surprise her with custom grips and at least some chance of the intended result.​

Case.jpeg

in the pic: The Martini to the left , My BSA .270 , one of my Hi-Powers a '51 Navy percussion and the 1908​

All in good fun​

Last edited:
Reactions: Two36 and Basher