• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

No Guns?

hlee

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 14, 2012
    TX
    A local range has a big No Guns sign on the front of their Club house. Additionally, they have both 30.06 and 30.07 signage at the door. There is a thread in the optics forum titled "I must be surrounded by Fudds." Well, I found their hive...

A local range has a big No Guns sign on the front of their Club house. Additionally, they have both 30.06 and 30.07 signage at the door. There is a thread in the optics forum titled "I must be surrounded by Fudds." Well, I found their hive...

Could it be sarcasm?

Trap, Skeet, and sporting clays club. Private.

Unfortunately, it is where the school's sporting clays team practices, and my son is on the team.

I expected fudds, but not all-caps FUDDS.

Reactions: TACC
    That's the policy in this place too: http://miamirifle-pistol.org/. They actually have a sign at the gate that tells you to unload.

Needless to say, I let my membership expire.

I also conveniently forget to see the sign when I go now for matches.

Its legal here too.

Do you really want jackwagons to be knocking back several while bragging about their 4” groups out of their 336 or Model 94?

Do you really want jackwagons to be knocking back several while bragging about their 4” groups out of their 336 or Model 94?
    What in the actual fuck are you talking about?

Wait wait wait…………..do you actually think I said or implied that it was OK to get drunk while armed?

I said my state's law allows one to be armed in a place that sells alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises. My state's law also prohibits one to be armed while consuming alcohol.

Easy there.

You live in the midwest. I was raised there.

I know it is illegal to consume beer while packing. Same here.
    I also know crazy hillbillies and rednecks.
    One of em will have to get out his magical deer rifle and show off his new Centerpoint scope from Walmart thats just as good as a Nightforce like that guy uses on American Sniper......

That was what I was inferring.

Easy there.

One of em will have to get out his magical deer rifle and show off his new Centerpoint scope from Walmart thats just as good as a Nightforce like that guy uses on American Sniper......

If it's a private club, ban the jackasses and let the adults enjoy a drink or two while armed. Anyone that removes their gun from its holster w/o needing to use it would be in the jackass category.

What in the actual fuck are you talking about?

Wait wait wait…………..do you actually think I said or implied that it was OK to get drunk while armed?

I said my state's law allows one to be armed in a place that sells alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises. My state's law also prohibits one to be armed while consuming alcohol.

I believe most carry laws are written like this are they not??? I've lived up and down the east coast and even NY was written like this when I lived there.

Easy there.

Your imaginary concerns are in the same realm of possibility as the antis' fears of "blood in the streets at the first minor argument"

Reactions: equilibrium
    Imaginary.

Experience in 8 yrs of fire/ems and 17 yrs at a trauma center has taught me that.

All but a handful of the accidental shooting victims I have taken care of or reviewed the cases of, involved alcohol.

And always failure to follow other rules of firearm safety.

And I was more trying to see their perspective as to why that rule, as inferring my own fears.

florida
    allowed to drink and be armed
    not allowed to shoot w BAC over .08
    exempt from .08 if in castle doctrine, or stand your ground situation

Texas- allowed to drink and be armed but not be intoxicated. No actual limit set. Up to the cop pretty much. Pretty much being an ass with a drink while armed is the line.

I do a 600yd. shoot during the summer where I live and at this range, we cannot CCW or have a gun holstered on our person, at the benches. Thought it was kinda odd, but the guy who runs the matches can be an ass at times, soooo maybe that's why. Mac?

I'm guessing cause they don't trust anyone and do not want people handling guns and having and accidental discharge. Guns only on monitored lanes. Kinda makes sense. Is it a private club or public range? If public I'm not surprised....

I like my club. It's private, two members. We pretty much do what we want.

300 meters
    DSCN0095.JPG

Imaginary.

Experience in 8 yrs of fire/ems and 17 yrs at a trauma center has taught me that.

All but a handful of the accidental shooting victims I have taken care of or reviewed the cases of, involved alcohol.

And always failure to follow other rules of firearm safety.

And I was more trying to see their perspective as to why that rule, as inferring my own fears.
    You sound like a reformed alcoholic. Preachy as fuck

You sound like a reformed alcoholic. Preachy as fuck
    If you're somewhat like me you were an idealist before you were a pragmatist before you were an idealist before ...

From what little I know, I'd say he's a good man.