• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

No more FLIR

Hobo Hilton

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Purchased a FLIR product. Tried it for two nights. Returned it to FLIR immediately. Somehow it got lost in their receiving department. Eventually it was found. I asked for a refund.

Here is their reply:

We are working this issue for you. I attached the proof of purchase to your request. Since the proof of purchase is over 30 days, then our option is to repair it and send it back.

Your unit is in evaluation stage in the service department. The service department will need sometime to look at your unit. We will get back to you soon.

Best Regards,

Kim Blanchette
Customer Service Support, Global Sales Operations

Industrial

FLIR Commercial Systems, Inc.
9 Townsend W, Nashua, NH 03063 USA
Phone: +1 603-324-7800

www.flir.com

The World’s Sixth Sense®

• Angry
Reactions: Jgunner
So if it was within the 30 days, they would have refunded?

Can you prove that they had recieved it within the 30 days?

Did you have a shipping label when you sent it?

So if it was within the 30 days, they would have refunded?

Can you prove that they had recieved it within the 30 days?

Did you have a shipping label when you sent it?
I'm assuming the tracking # would show when it was delivered.. not sure how that can be in doubt. I'd make a polite phone call.

FLIR couldn't give a shit about civi end-users. They have enough challenges with .gov users.
And I went into this purchase fully aware of their customer service reputation... That is why I have documentation that from purchase date to the date they received the returned unit was 11 days.... On the flip side, some of their products are top shelf (but expensive). As they stated "30 days"... I honestly believe I am communicating with their Artificial Intelligence program. I have a knack of getting to a real person. We will see how it plays out.

In the mean time I'm looking at some of the Russian products. Service could not be any worse.

I only use FLIR for work stuff. Thermal inspections on electrical components, and part of a fire team to look through smoke filled areas. I use Pulsar for weapon stuff

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Lol. Recently (a few years back) I had the *ahem* pleasure of working with FLIR on some R&D stuff at work...

...they were an...interesting...group of people to deal with. Not surprising to hear about their CS sucking. Not surprising...at all.

• Love
Reactions: shoobe01
I am a consultant of sorts. Work with lots of orgs and people, encounter even more as part of it for reasons. Companies are their culture. Angry to customers? What do you know, angry at each other at work. Think they are better than the customers? Super smarmy elitist jerkbags to their subordinates, wife, dog, neighbors, and me. Etc.

This saga is continuing.... I'll update as info surfaces. Latest offer was to give me store credit.... LOL

Beat them with their own shit.

Copy/paste their 30 day policy.

Attach your order invoice

Attach the shipping / delivery information

Tell them to learn to fucking read and none of their 'oh it got lost shit' is your fucking problem.

If they want to answer you with some other random bullshit, tell them the time to initiate a charge-back is winding down so they need to figure this out soon.

Fucking HATE flir

My FIL was a FLIR rep and sold in the Middle East.

This is a video of a new product they FedEx'd him while I was visiting.

FLIR refunded my purchase funds.... Back in my account at the close of the business day. Once I escalated the issue to Supervisors, the wheels began to turn. I will be looking else where for thermals in the future.
Give a look at NVision, their Nox is pretty nice...

Reactions: Jgunner
FLIR refunded my purchase funds.... Back in my account at the close of the business day. Once I escalated the issue to Supervisors, the wheels began to turn. I will be looking else where for thermals in the future.

As soon as the first tier people you talk to on the phone begin sentences with 'Unfortunately', I am onto a manager.

I translate 'unfortunately' to 'You are wasting your time because I am totally fucking useless'.

Not trying to blow anyone, but it sure is nice having max here from nvision to help their customers out. Not that it helps the op sadly, but i would do a chargeback immediately. It was the only thing that got the attention of a auto parts supplier i had the displeasure to work with. However, just get your money back, dont worry about what flir has to say. Let em eat a bag of dicks.

20210512_184205.jpg

The irony is, most NV tech comes from that area of the country (Nashua, Boston, Burlington, etc). It is, however, very different how each of the companies are, that fill the NV community (and their CS). Some care, and some seem to be in love with their own intellect. <shrug> It's an interesting community, that's for sure...

Reactions: Ravenworks
Anyone have experience with the iRay stuff?

Anyone have experience with the iRay stuff?
That’s the new company I’m looking at for a thermal. It appears that most only have positive things to say and the picture quality looks great.

Russians?
Lights and lasers instead, I have several Zenitco things. Just got one in the mail Monday, and they forgot the dual switch. Believed me, sending the replacement without any other questions except for what sort of gun I run so they can send another random product as an apology.

Yeah, even with the delay in shipping, etc. perfectly nice folks to deal with. If they made optics I wanted, I'd think about it pretty hard.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
That’s the new company I’m looking at for a thermal. It appears that most only have positive things to say and the picture quality looks great.
They have a TV show they sponsor called Night Crew you can see the footage from their optics. Not a bad show either and they have a youtube page of the episodes.