• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

No more ramshot

Kocher

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Apr 27, 2021
    Minnesota
    Ram shot web site GONE

Not too long ago, one could go to a website and look up how much powder to put in a 556 load with ram shot Tac (for example) now good luck .

Thanks to Hodgdick, buying up rams shot, without any warning, H-dick decided to shit-can the website and all the load information.

556 load for the ram shot tac ??????

now we’re stuck having to use Hodgdon online reloading center that doesn’t show any 5.56 load development. All that is now gone thank you HodgeDick..

223speeds? Apparently they thought it was too dangerous to load it up anything higher than 23gr of tac 77smk

I’m sure someone’s gonna say oh look you gotta look in their support area and there it’ll show all the old load data and you gotta look it up here and there.

Last edited:
    Figures….knew it already found it myself when I looked it up on the H-site

guess I’m just having a bad night

Contact them and let them know you'd like previously published 5.56 NATO load data available in the new online tool.

It may take a while but they do listen to requests. A recent example is 6.5 Grendel. Multiple powders they deemed "too slow" were finally tested and given "official" load data.

Reactions: simonp and msgriff

Contact them and let them know you'd like previously published 5.56 NATO load data available in the new online tool.

It may take a while but they do listen to requests. A recent example is 6.5 Grendel. Multiple powders they deemed "too slow" were finally tested and given "official" load data.
    Sound advice … you’re a much more calm person than I am apparently👍

I find it also interesting for example 22 Creedmoor they don’t even list one of the most popular powders for the light to mid weight bullets for that chambering.

Whether it’s the Hodgdon, or IMR. 4350
    It’s not listed

Might make a request for that as well, sounds similar to the situation with Grendel. Two powders that had been in common use for years; CFE223 and LEVERevolution had no data from them. When Winchester StaBALL Match came out they got a bunch of requests for it but replied "it was too slow". Enough came in that they decided to actually test all of them.

Reactions: simonp