• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nobody's perfect but USO pretty damn close

Dark Horse

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2008
Albany, NY
I sent my 1.5-6 back to USO to have a lit reticle installed. I believe the normal price for this is $186.00. They are also building me a 3.2-17. So Becky calls me today and says your SN-3 is ready and will be shipping both scopes soon. About 2hrs later she calls me back and says we made a mistake on your SN3, you requested a 34mm tube and as it was going through QC we noticed it was built on a 35mm. She says we are rebuilding it immediately and we will ship the other scope back this week. So I say I will give you a credit card # for the lit reticle and Becky replies "this one is on us". All I can say is wow, it just doesn't get any better than that. Awesome product and customer service to go along with it!

Re: Nobody's perfect but USO pretty damn close

And pistolpete just got a great deal on a 35mm SN3 that was supposed to be 34!

....he did get a great deal!

Leave it to USO to turn this from a problem for one customer to a win for two customers. Damn but I do admire their style!

never had anything but great dealings with USO. I had originally considered going with a Premier when I bought my last glass but when I got the run around for 2 days by PR and USO called me back the same day the decision was made for me. I have 2 more weapons I need glass on and I will only by USO...

You Know I have only been working with USO for a few months. However, when Guys ask me why they should buy a USO over another top brand my answer is this: When you call USO for help or service they are there, they are not in another country. USO will build how you want it, change it if you need too and most of all back it up on the RARE occasion that it needs repair.

That is alot of what your paying for. Not to mention machining accuracy and tolerances that are simply spetacular

That is the exact reason why I am a diehard USO customer for life. I just REALLY REALLY REALLY wish they would do a hunting scope...

I have buying Swaro when a USO would fit the bill...

O did I mention i REALLY REALLY REALLY wish they would do a hunting line!!!!!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How would a "hunting scope" be different from a low magnification tactical? </div></div>

I would guess and say the weight of the USO with rings on a 7lb hunting rifle would probably turn a lot of people off. Most common hunting scopes with a 25mm tube will weigh under a pound.

A 1.8-10x SN-3 is 1.75 lbs and the SN-4 is 1.4 lbs. The SN-3 I have coming in is only 2.1 lbs.

Throw some lightweight rings on there and roll with it!

You can only go so light without sacrificing durability. Operators can only carry so much weight before it has an impact on mission accomplishment. When you do stuff like stripping extra plastic and cardboard out of MRE's and sacrificing chow for radio batteries, weight matters. So if they could reduce the weight of their scopes without impacting durability, I am sure they would.

If I was out on a once in a lifetime hunt, I would want an optic that could take a beating. It would suck to fall on your rifle and not be able to take that trophy animal because the scope wasn't up to par.

Darkhorse and Mastersgt,

Give me a shout. I'm interested in hearing about what your looking for in a "hunting" optic.

Cheers,

Doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A 1.8-10x SN-3 is 1.75 lbs and the SN-4 is 1.4 lbs. The SN-3 I have coming in is only 2.1 lbs.

Throw some lightweight rings on there and roll with it!

You can only go so light without sacrificing durability. Operators can only carry so much weight before it has an impact on mission accomplishment. When you do stuff like stripping extra plastic and cardboard out of MRE's and sacrificing chow for radio batteries, weight matters. So if they could reduce the weight of their scopes without impacting durability, I am sure they would.

If I was out on a once in a lifetime hunt, I would want an optic that could take a beating. It would suck to fall on your rifle and not be able to take that trophy animal because the scope wasn't up to par. </div></div>

So you are saying a Tasco would top off your rifle on that once in a lifetime hunt.
wink.gif

Doc,

I'm not looking for a hunting scope, USO West has both my scopes.

Just a side note, that 1.5-6 was a non-lit body so the cost actually would have been $386.00 to convert. You guys give new meaning to customer service.

Thanks again.