• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Nomad 30 vs Ti

jjordan6781

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2020
I have looked through this forum a good bit, to really answer this question. If I missed it, feel free to grill me as hard as you want. Like well-done steak with ketchup style if ya want. I can take it.

Looking for my next suppressor. Fairly new to the game and currently have a Hybrid and Sparrow. Love the Hybrid for its versatility. I know it's heavy as hell, but I love the adaptability. I've heard someone say to have a 22 can, a lightweight 30 cal can, and one that goes on everything else... my question is what should I get for that lightweight 30 cal can? I'm looking b/w the Nomad 30 and the Ti, maybe a Vox? Hosts will be ARs, 308 bolt gun (hunting rifle), 6.5CM for just starting comps (yeah, definite newb). I know TBAC is the best obviously, but at a couple hundred more (and everyone is sold out from what I've seen). Don't get me wrong, I love the specs, the weight, and the noise reduction on TBACs, but I really like the compatibility of the Nomad w/ the Hybrid mounts I already have. Also, my next purchase is a Hellfire brake and I would like to use their compatibility system with the hellfire universal mount for the can.

Nomad 30 and Tis seem like my best bet from the research I've done so far but is the durability factor really that much of a concern? Also, is there any real concern about POI shift on the bolt guns? Noise reduction is a concern, but the Hybrid feels amazing and I know it is nothing compared to the cans in question. The bolt guns shouldn't be an issue on durability with as rapid as fire as you can do with a 10 round mag, right? But is POI going to be an issue? I'm not a rapid-fire guy at all, but will the Ti take a mag or 2 of 556 if ever desired?

Like I said, grill me away. Thank you for any input ahead of time. Most on here know more than I could ever dream to, so thanks for all of the info ya'll have put up here.

Thanks

Q: Nomad 30 and Tis seem like my best bet from the research I've done so far but is the durability factor really that much of a concern?
A: No
Q: Also, is there any real concern about POI shift on the bolt guns?
Q: The bolt guns shouldn't be an issue on durability with as rapid as fire as you can do with a 10 round mag, right?
A: Correct
Q: But is POI going to be an issue?
Q: I'm not a rapid-fire guy at all, but will the Ti take a mag or 2 of 556 if ever desired?
A: Let it cool down if you do a mag.

I never understood why anyone would want an almost 17oz Ti can in the first place.

Neither do I, but the Nomad Ti isn't 17oz, it's 9.6 oz, and it's not hard to see why someone would want that.

OP, sounds like the Nomad Ti would be perfect for your wants/needs. I have the Nomad 30, and it's a good can, but unless you're running it really hard I'd prefer the 30% lighter Ti for most uses... It will probably be my next .30 cal purchase

Reactions: jjordan6781