• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Non-Bushing FL Sizing Die Recommendation

Jethro3898

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2011
Dothan, AL
I'm looking at buying a full-length sizing die.
I would rather go with a non-bushing type die.
I already have a Forster Ultra Micrometer seater, so all I need is an FL die.

I've used the RCBS die before, but was wondering if there was a better one out there....Hornady, Forster, etc.

Would you recommend any brand over the other?

Thanks in advance.

Whidden dies are nice, but if you have the stuff to properly set up your FL die then just about any manufacturer's die will work.

Lee to RCBS to Redding to Forster to Dillon to Whidden, the constant is that all of these brands have loaded sub MOA ammunition.

I have had very good results with the Forster FL die for .223.
Outstanding low runout, holding a .001 runout easily when using it in a Forster Co-Ax press.
Worth considering.

If I already had a Forster seater, I probably would buy a Forster sizer, just because. Like others have said, theres probably no wrong answer here. I may buy a set of Whitten dies for my next build, because they just look like quality. And I don't even have a build planned! Lightman

One interesting thing with the Forster dies is you can adjust the resizing button in the die. Most dies have the resizing button on the bottom of the spindle and pull the button through at the bottom of the down stroke. The Forster die adjusts the button about mid way in the down stroke. It has to be adjusted properly, but when it is, it makes the pull through the neck with the sizing button very smooth.