• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NON DIGITAL rifle safes?

mosin46

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2010
florida 32621
does anyone make a cheap (yes cheap) one of these for maybe 4-5 long guns? have looked and everything i see is digital/biometric. want nothing to do with that. will keep looking but seems everything in the world has gone to digital crap.

You won't find any 4-5 long gun safes
Maybe a rsc (residential security container) but not a safe
If I remember right real safes start with 1/4 inch steel plate on 6 sides and the door is usually heavier steel plate

Just a heads-up, but even dial combos are stored at the factory. 😂 And they’re even harder to re-set after purchase. Requires a professional who is familiar/certified with that safe brand/lock mech, and can cost hundreds.

A cheap safe can be defeated with a pry bar in a couple minutes or less.

Reactions: FuhQ
V-line makes some containers, not really safes, with non electric push button locks. A few other company's use similar locks.

Just a heads-up, but even dial combos are stored at the factory. 😂 And they’re even harder to re-set after purchase. Requires a professional who is familiar/certified with that safe brand/lock mech, and can cost hundreds.

This is innaccurate. Buy a change key and watch a video. Change combo in ten minutes.

Not a safe but a fine concealment option.

Start with this guy:

As others have mentioned, things they call gun “safes” aren’t. Rather, they are technically called residential security containers and are thin-ish metal with drywall for fire, uh, “protection”.

This is cheap:

The above keeps kids and the curious away.

Here is his recce for where to put it. Second floor coat closet looks good. Even better, hide a recessed locker-type cabinet in the wall, between the studs.

Didn’t check to see if the one I linked to would fit in a wall, plus it’s not recessed.

If you find a safe you like with an electronic lock you can easily change that out to a S&G 6730 series or similar and set your own combo and change it anytime you want. Just need a change key and the ability to follow directions. Any safe can be "broken into" with time and equipment so don't let the "it's not a SAFE unless it weighs 3500 pounds and costs $20K" crowd deter you from getting what you can afford. Gun and Trophy Insurance is your friend; even a cheap safe is better than no safe.

I changed my combo after a divorce, bought the change key from cothrens in Austin Texas ,can't remember cost but it wasn't much ,came with instructions, I've since lost it ,and have bought 2 more safes , need to buy another key so I can change all the safes to the same combo , getting old and having a hard time remembering all those damn numbers.

Reactions: 1911hombre
You won't find any 4-5 long gun safes
Maybe a rsc (residential security container) but not a safe
If I remember right real safes start with 1/4 inch steel plate on 6 sides and the door is usually heavier steel plate

Unless it has a UL listing it's still a RSC. Amsec has a few UL listed safes but they started at $10k last I looked.