• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

non-timed break

wmr264

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2010
eastern. OR
I need a suggestion on a muzzle break that does NOT need to be timed or has a crush washer to time it? Can the Badger FTE used in this fashion? I have a 5/8-24tpi for .600 or so. 300 winch.

Thanks all

Re: non-timed break

The FTE does not require timing. You can screw it on and clamp it down where ever you like.

But, it will require aditional machining, there is a collar after the threads that is for clamping surface.

thanks guys. IS there anything with a crush sleeve/spacer.I dont like the idea of turning my barrel down below the threads.Maybe you could have the fte turned inside?

A 5/8 muzzle brake won't work on a .650 barrel. There won't be enough shoulder to tighten the brake to as 5/8=.625. You need to get a 9/16 brake.

I think the .600 he''s refering to is the length of the threads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wmr264</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe you could have the fte turned inside? </div></div>

That won't work. Barrel machining is specific to the brake.

jp enterprise has a good looking brake with a crush sleeve has anyone tried one.Its not the big one but the newer style