• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

non us firearms ?

rdgshooteer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2006
Lewistown, PA
I was talking to a friend back home who I had sold a SKS. He lives in PA. He said he took it to the range the other and the range president told him that the rifle has to have at least 8 American parts in it to be fired in the US. My question is Does a non us manufactured weapon actually have to have US parts in it or is just possibly a range thing? Common Sense tells me no, but after being on active duty I have learned common sense is not a strong suit of the government sometimes.

Re: non us firearms ?

hmmm. never heard of that one.

so my Glock, HK, Steyr, and Mausers are out?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rdgshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was talking to a friend back home who I had sold a SKS. He lives in PA. He said he took it to the range the other and the range president told him that the rifle has to have at least 8 American parts in it to be fired in the US. My question is Does a non us manufactured weapon actually have to have US parts in it or is just possibly a range thing? Common Sense tells me no, but after being on active duty I have learned common sense is not a strong suit of the government sometimes. </div></div>

It's an importation thing. If it was imported after a certain date and you change any parts it has to have 8 US parts(lots of AK's are like this).

If he hasn't modified it at all it shouldn't matter at all though.

922R is what you're wanting to be in compliance with check this page out.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=2042&pid=16009&st=0&#entry16009

Never heard of an sks falling under the 922 compliance rules. They don't have
pistol grips, magazines (generally) and the other evil black rifle things like an ak.
Is his modified?

thank you viking Ill let him know as he was looking at changing the stock on it. As far as I know he hasnt modified it yet. It has the fixed magazine, I wonder if the bayonet and grenade launcher may make it qualify.