• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NOOB here

Frogdiver

Private
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2010
USA
First I would like to say hello and thanks for a very informative site.
Second I want to say I am irritated because I started looking on this site with what I thought were sound ideas on what I wanted to build and now I am more confused than I have ever been and have no idea what I want to build anymore.
Seriously though I hope to improve my knowledge base regarding distance precision shooting, its my new pursuit. Thanks in advance to all.

Re: NOOB here

Welcome, read the stickies and you should be fine by not getting flamed like others.

Welcome, i too was new in April. I cannot put this site down. I find myself reading Hours upon Hours every nite. I found alot of information here and help with my current build. Keep reading and you will go in the right direction.

Also find the Google search engine, better then the sites search engine, may also save you from getting "flamed" some. Welcome!

Aside from using the search function(s), paying attention is your best approach. Read as many threads as you can until you feel you have an idea where you want to start. Be aware of all your options, and make your own decisions. Lots of folks here have no problem spending your money for you, dont build someone elses rifle, unless thats what you want.
Also, give us some more info on yourself. You experienced, never shot, looking to start from scratch, got a rifle already, military/LEO, hunter? This info can help guide the type of advice you may seek.

I read a lot of articles on this site and at first it is confusing, but the more I read, I started to see a pattern develop among those in the know on here, and the novice folks with well intended opinions. Some of the fellows to pay attention to are fellas like Lowlight who is a shooting instructor and Roscoe who is a fine rifle builder. Not to leave ANYONE out. Read lots of posts and you will figure out who's educated opinion is worth having

Presently LEO and spent sometime 'over there' in that capacity very experienced with the M4 platform and sidearms in that capacity as well.
Have been hunting since I was 12, now mainly use a 700 ADL in 30'06 for my rifle hunting but am looking to get into a .308 or possibly a .300 WM, I here the new M24 is going to be a .300 WM. I would like to stick with a 700 chassis but am open to suggestions at this point. Thanks for the help.

You've got that right Tommy5.56! Every time someone posts pics of their latest toys, it's like the Robert Palmer Simply Irresistable lyrics, "She's so fine, there's no tellin' where the money went" (LOL).