• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Noob question magazine length

Rateoftwist

Gentle Ben
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2017
Apex NC
Hey all,
Quick question and thank you in advance for responses to this question. Assuming I have chosen the correct magazine for a certain cartridge family (e.g. 308/243/7mm08 etc.) is their a concern for the length of empty space between the bullet tip of a fully rear seated cartridge n the magazine and the front of the magazine?

I have heard some discussion about deforming bullet tips on hard recoiling rifles depending on cartridge overall length and the front of the magazine. To me it does not appear to be an issue assuming cartridges are not moving on recoil in the magazine but wanted to post this question for feedback from others more knowledgeable than myself.

If they're not moving in the magazine, you're fine. A minor point on a short action cartridge usually. If you're not certain they're not moving, fill a magazine and fire all but the last round, then inspect that round.

If they're not moving in the magazine, you're fine. A minor point on a short action cartridge usually. If you're not certain they're not moving, fill a magazine and fire all but the last round, then inspect that round.
Thank you!!