• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Noob Question: Vortex LHT Focus Ring

realJaneGoodall

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2022
NC
hey folks, mega noob looking to nail the focus on my first hunting scope (Vortex Razor LHT 3-15x42)

it's entirely possible that i'm an idiot, but how does the locking ring on the rear focus work exactly? It seems to not lock, even when I screw it down to the ocular lens. The manual doesn't seem to cover operation because it likely assumes that the person who bought it, is not stupid, but alas.

I love my Razor Gen II-E 1-6. on my AR, but this is my first scope with more magnification and I'm having significant difficulties when dialing this in to get a crisp sight picture.

Literally any advice or insight is more than welcome.

Thanks a bunch!

Think of it more as a stop ring than a anti-rotation lock ring (only prevents the eyepiece from moving in a clockwise direction). You adjust ocular eyepiece correctly to your eyeball, screw the "lock ring" to the ocular eyepiece and that's it. The eyepiece will still be able to turn counter clockwise but as long as the "lock ring" didn't move, you can spin it clockwise until it stops and you'll be at the correct setting you had before.

Think of it more as a stop ring than a anti-rotation lock ring (only prevents the eyepiece from moving in a clockwise direction). You adjust ocular eyepiece correctly to your eyeball, screw the "lock ring" to the ocular eyepiece and that's it. The eyepiece will still be able to turn counter clockwise but as long as the "lock ring" didn't move, you can spin it clockwise until it stops and you'll be at the correct setting you had before.
that makes a ton of sense. Thanks a bunch