• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NOOB stock inlet questions: Rem 700 into BigHorn???

ker2222

Minuteman
Sep 3, 2004
Hastings, MN
I am sure this question makes me dumb....but can I put a regular old rem 700 SA into a manners mini chassis inlet for a Big Horn TL3 SA??? Don't really care about looks, just function.

Appreciate any answers! Im looking to do some wheeling and dealing and want to be sure

Only issue you might run into is the bolt handle, the TL3 has a straight bolt handle and am not sure if the factory 700 is swept or straight. Other than that it should drop right in.

Isla nailed it. The ejection port cut on the tl3 inlet is a bit longer(won't interfere) and the 700 bolt handle is swept back. Some stocks have enough room for both, I have modified a straight cut stock for a swept handle. If I recall it was just a little material removed and it was mainly at the bottom half of the handle cut.
Here's a nuke in a foundation impact inlet. It functions but I will be opening up the ejection port cut.
20240326_170331.jpg

Reactions: MattK1
I am sure this question makes me dumb....but can I put a regular old rem 700 SA into a manners mini chassis inlet for a Big Horn TL3 SA??? Don't really care about looks, just function.

Appreciate any answers! Im looking to do some wheeling and dealing and want to be sure

Yup will drop right in to the mini chassis as it will use any 700 action or clone. As mentioned the bolt handle might have some rub but a couple minutes with a dremel will give it the room it needs. I have done it on a few Manners with mini chassis. Below is one.

IMG_3946a.JPG

Fiberglass grinds very fast. I would use handfile(1/2 rd,flat, and possibly a rat tail file). Dremels can get away and cut extremely fast.

Yeah, I mean it works and if it goes perfectly it's fine. They can grab onto something and spin off, though, never had that happen with a file. A poor craftsman blames the tool, but also a poor craftsman uses the wrong tool.

• Haha
Reactions: Rob01