• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Noober question regarding shipping a Rifle action

hunterb

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Hello everyone,

I did a Google and site search and didn't really get a 100% definitive answer so wanted to enlist the expertise of you guys on here.
I'm sorry if this question has been asked before!

I purchased a Defiance action from bugholes.com and am wondering if it needs to be shipped to an FFL (I am in Commiefornia)
---Is a non-barreled rifle action considered a firearm?

Just a little nervous, this will be my first custom rifle and just the action cost more than my last rifle....

...also, I kind of want another .308 (I know, I know) but my brother is pushing me hard to get a .260 Remington. (He reloads for me).

Anyways, thank you very much for the help!

Doesn't matter if there is a barrel or not. Whenever a receiver is in the equation, so is an FFL.

Noober question regarding shipping a Rifle action

Not only must it ship to an FFL, but when shipping to CA it must also comply with CA DOJ rules requiring a shipment letter, meaning that if shipping from a dealer outside of CA the dealer must must register with CA DOJ and obtain/enclose the letter before shipping.