• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Noob's new rifle

Bugaboo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2010
Prague, Czech Republic
I bought myself a precission rifle and finally got the time to take it out.

TRG22.jpg

As you can see it is TRG 22 with Schmidt und Bender PMII 5-25x56 (with PL4 Fein reticle, you can't see that).

My first 10 rounds at 100 m ended like this (Remington Premier Match, 168 Grs HPBT).

TERC.jpg

The first three were high and to the right (the retailer zeroed it in sub-zero temps and I shot at around 10°C). When I shifted my POA the remaining 7 went through the center.

Question: The scope has only 4 clicks to lower the elevation. How many clicks should I have to lower it? Or how should I spread the elevation adjustment? Thanks for advices in advance.

Re: Noob's new rifle

Welcome to the Hide. Excellent rifle and optics. Excellent shooting as weel. Wish I could help you with the optics, but I've never owned an S&B. Only in my dreams. I'm sure someone will help you out. The people here are very helpful.

Looks like you got a nice shooting rifle. I am suprised you havent got a response to your problem. I am sure someone will know what the problem is. It will probably be something simple because I hear nothing but good things about S&B. I would'nt know first hand because I can't afford one. Good Luck

Are you saying that you only have 4 clicks left from your zero before you reach the lower limit of your scope? What distance did you zero? What type of base are you using?

Nice rig! I want one.

Don't know if I'm understanding your elevation correctly but if you can lower your point of impact at your zero range by 4 clicks, leave it alone. Get all the elevation you can.

Thanks for the compliments, I love the rig. I believe the problem is not the scope as such, it must be the set-up.

The mount is Sako Opti-Lok D34 with 30 MOA forward inclination.

My problem is, that when I wanted to compensate for the temperature change, I needed to change the elevation by 6,5 cm at 100 meters. I only had 4 clicks (1 click = 0,1 MIL), which translate into 4,0 cm at 100 meters. The scope has elevation adjustment range of 30 MILs (300 cm at 100 meters).

My question is, how should the elevation range be spread below/above Zero value/setting to allow for potential shooting at longer distances at different atmospheric conditions (Sub-zero during winter, 30-35°C in summer)?

Sorry if it sounds like a newbie speaking. It is because I am a newbie. The target has my first 10 rounds fired seriously with a scoped rifle, so you get the picture. If someone said "good shooting" it is because of this forum and the info available here in the first place, I've been sneaking around for quite some time, reading and reading.

Lot of guys here I believe to have more knowledge than I do but If I understand you correctly you only have four clicks left on lower end of scope at 100 yrd so I think that would be fine as that should put almost all on the top side of the elevation witch means if you have a 45 moa scope and all are on the top side of 100 but 4 that leaves you 41 moa to get out at the longer rangers. If I am explaning correctly and understanding correctly.
Please forgive spelling really tired.