• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nor Cal Precision - History Lessons

breezernate

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2010
Johnson City, TN
www.schwaniger.pro
Does anybody know the history of Nor Cal Precision, not the rifle club but the manufacturer/gunsmith? Was someone there named Jerry Rice? Why are they no longer in business?

I have a rifle with a rem 700 action that was supposedly trued by Nor Cal Precision. It works well.

BN

Re: Nor Cal Precision - History Lessons

I had one of their rifles, or more accurately a rem700 action they had reworked and put their huge brake on. Sold it to a friend of mine who is still enjoying it.

Talked to the owner (Jerry Rice sounds familiar) a few years ago about doing some work on my VTR but he wasn't interested in working on the weird triangular barrel. Then he vanished and their domain name registration must have expired because last I checked it was sitting with a domain squatter serving up garbage/spam ads.

Probably no help but it's more than anyone else was offering up.
smile.gif

Jerry Cut an EDM muzzle brake into a .300 Ultra model 700 for Me about 10 years ago, and He was pretty old then. If I had to guess, I would say He is enjoying His twilight years in His rocking chair.

What do ou want to know Jerry has been good friend of mine since mid 1990s.

He was great machiniest but about 1.5 years ago his illenesses caught up and he quit making rifles.

His work was very good.

He is still with us but does not get around as well as he did.

I have a NorCal Nighthawk that I got from Tactical a few years back.
[...I think it's still in the pic at the top of his website...tacticalintervention.com]

I can say that Jerry built one heck of a shooting machine and the "Nighthawk" muzzle brake/flash suppressor just flat works!
It makes this the most comfy 308 that I shoot and will hate to see this K&P barrel go since the brake is EDM'd into it.

Jerry is also a great guy to have dealt with and hope he is doing well these days.

FWIW
wes in AZ