• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Norgon ambi mag release

Re: Norgon ambi mag release

yeah I've got one. They're alright. They need more surface area and unfortunately that's very hard to do given the limited space in the area on the left side. I think the KAC ambi lower is actually the better way to go.

the option for ambi mag release isn't worth enough for me to buy a KAC anything, lol. its a nice option for those with non ambi lowers that want it. yes you are right it will never be the same as a dedicated ambi lower.

Kinda off topic, no "hi-jack though" but I went with the TROY.
Anyone else?

one thing i also noticed with the ambi, is it DOES need to be broken in. After using mine a couple of hundred times it smoothed out. At first it was rather stiff. It's still a great $90 solution.

They are produced by Robby Garrett about 30 min from where I live.I've known Robby a long time every one of those things is assembled and inspected by him.He has sold a metric ton of them to the military and LE.IMO it is the best cost effective way to go ambi.

I like the Norgon too Joe, just wish I had one for every AR!

C'mon BigJoe--how about another group buy?!!

LOL, i can set up group buys for whatever you guys want... it just depends on how many people want them.

I'm in for at least 2 Joe---aren't you CONUS now---isn't it past your bedtime--LOL

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! hope you are with your family soon

I would like to run with one. My POF came with one but I tock it off. Im in the Republic of California and you must have a tool to remove a mag from an Ar. I have to run what is commonly call a bullet button.

yep i'm home, the family went on a trip though to a place i refuse to go for sake of my manhood.

I'd be in for one on a group buy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yep i'm home, the family went on a trip though to a place i refuse to go for sake of my manhood. </div></div>

My guess is this involved black ears and large animal costumes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Think I need to pick a couple of these up. Thanks Joe.</div></div> Me too, or actually me four.....

I have a bad habit of wanting all my ARs outfitted the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well guess i better get to making some calls </div></div>

would it be possible to do a BAD Safety lever with the Norgon? Sort of a combo GB of sorts?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Think I need to pick a couple of these up. Thanks Joe.</div></div> Me too, or actually me four.....

I have a bad habit of wanting all my ARs outfitted the same. </div></div>

Me too, I have five of them, one lower is a KAC.
They work great for a lefty.

i emailed him will call tomorrow i'll see what i can work out.

I am a lefty shooter and it has to be one of the best mods I have spent $$ on so far....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whiskeytangofox</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well guess i better get to making some calls </div></div>

would it be possible to do a BAD Safety lever with the Norgon? Sort of a combo GB of sorts? </div></div>

lol i'll tell you guys what you buy a snipershide set of upper/lower and i'll cut you a deal on the parts i put in it
laugh.gif

talked with the president of norgon might be able to work something out.

from Norgon
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Troy release costs less to manufacture so it sells for less than our release. The paddle also "cams" on the receiver to operate which will eventually wear through the anodizing. The paddle can also snag on gear and is more prone to inadvertent release of a magazine than our design. The Troy release paddle is blocked when you use multi-magazine holders and C-Mag type high cap magazines.

The Troy design is the only way to get around our patent (same with the Knight's release). Both of these designs are actually a copy of a release that ZM weapons tried around the same time we introduced our concept.

Our ambidextrous release is self contained and will not wear a hole in your receiver. The low profile of our release will not snag on gear and is specifically designed to reduce the possibility of inadvertent release. The leverage needed to release the magazine along with force exerted on the catch by a fully loaded magazine protect the assembly from inadvertent actuation (less rounds in the mag, easier to release).

Our release is the best way to add an ambidextrous magazine release capability to M16/M4 weapons which were never designed for it (no fence on the non-port side).

Our release has been safety tested by NSWC Crane, authorized for use in all M16s/M4s in the USMC and is being used by Canada (C7A2/C8), Denmark (M10), Norwegian SF, JTF2 and USMC MARSOC (CQBW). Our release has been used in combat in Afghanistan and Iraq.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol i'll tell you guys what you buy a snipershide set of upper/lower and i'll cut you a deal on the parts i put in it
laugh.gif

</div></div> I bought three sets last run Joe, does that count?
wink.gif

lol like i said i'm talking with him, i'll post tomorrow seeing how many people want em so i can give him a idea so we can get cost. i'll just handle shipping and payment so we have one point of contact.