• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Norma 220 Swift Brass

heydavemd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2009
SW Colorado
I just ordered/recieved a batch of Norma 220 Swift Brass, and for some reason, it doesn't fit into my shell holder. Its uniform thru the batch (100). I found a slightly larger shell holder that works, but it seems odd to pay a premium price and have to change shell holders. My other brass is all Win. Am I missing something, or is this OK. Everything else is OK. Its just gonna be a pain to have to switch shell holders when I reload the different manufacturers brass. Thanks in advance

Re: Norma 220 Swift Brass

Regarding Norma 220 Swift brass. I had no problem with shell holder (Redding & RCBS). A couple of things I noticed were the primer pockets of the Norma brass varied , in depth, a lot more than the Winchester, or Remington, and the brass appeared to be a lot softer (Norma). Would have to look through notes to see which I had to trim first and how many firings between trims. The volume of the case will be different, too.