• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Norma 338 250gr gtx

hero's machine

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2011
E. WA
Anyone launch any of the Norma 338 250gr gtx pills? I bought a bunch of them from Raven rocks for cheap.

I'm curious if anyone has worked up a G7 or what results you've seen from seating depth.

I'll include a pic of one next to a 300smk that's been pointed.

20240409_191054.jpg
Thanks in advance.

I just plug it into my AB app, if you launch it at 2900fps. It will reach subsonic around 1500 yards.

Reactions: hero's machine
Mine shows a 7fps advantage (1400) to the 300smk I'm shooting now (2805fps) vs 1393fps both at 1500. Both show super through 1900yds.

Hopefully someone has sent these on a trip.

If this bullet subsonic performance is good , then is a bargain.

What a pleasant surprise. I loaded up 10 with h1000 and picked a couple of seating depths, one at mag length and one a bit closer. Both shot reasonably well. The longer shot very well. Speeds were 2950 spreads were tight and 100 and 300 accuracy were well south of moa.

Made me happy to have a bunch.

Reactions: Dave62677
I shot these today at 1350 and 1748. 1350 was exactly as predicted, 1750 impacted about .7m low. Repeatability was good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave62677
Thinking about this after I got home. I had 100% predicted hits to 1350 then jumped to the mile. I'm doubtful the bc changed that much from 1350 to 1750. I'm betting there was some error on the rangefinder return. The repeating on the shot was too close to be from going trans....imo.

You can plug in the number in the kestrel then modify the BC on the range card at 1750yards

But first verify the distance. Your can use google map to pin your location then measure to your target then see any more difference between the google number and your rangefinder

I tried. It's tough out here as we dont have a lot of landmarks and its only a 50 yard difference. I wish I would have shot it with my backup rangefinder......oh well. At least I didn't get burned on the bullets....lol.

I tried. It's tough out here as we dont have a lot of landmarks and its only a 50 yard difference. I wish I would have shot it with my backup rangefinder......oh well. At least I didn't get burned on the bullets....lol.

This is the key issue when you get farther out. The beam divergence can cause the unit to range off terrain behind the target which, depending on the slope, can be significant.

I haven't taken the plunge yet, but this is where a handheld Garmin can be a nice addition to your range (long) bag. Specifically, I've been eyeing the one with the public land overlay.