• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Norma 7MM R SAUM Brass No Longer Available in the US?

kwak

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2010
MI
I spent most of today talking with several sources and I was told no more Norma. Either discontinued or they were just not ordering any product any longer.
This will leave of two choices ADG and Nosler.

Does anyone have any other information that would support this? Thanks

I heard the same, norma suck anyways. Im having good luck with the nosler but ADG is the cream of the crop and just as good or even better quality than Lapua brass. In the meantime I hoping Remington starts making them again since they are starting back up or Peterson would offer it to get more choices out there. Im hoping ADG releases some more soon

Last edited:
Bummer to hear that brass for an esoteric caliber is going to be that much harder to source. Why do you say that Norma sucks? Weak primer pockets? Thin necks? I just acquired bunch of Norma brass and am hoping to burn out a barrel or two with it. Totally new to the 7 SAUM but really excited about it's potential.

Bummer to hear that brass for an esoteric caliber is going to be that much harder to source. Why do you say that Norma sucks? Weak primer pockets? Thin necks? I just acquired bunch of Norma brass and am hoping to burn out a barrel or two with it. Totally new to the 7 SAUM but really excited about it's potential.
Norma in my experience has pretty soft case heads and looses the primer pockets quite quickly.

Reactions: DIBBS
I spent most of today talking with several sources and I was told no more Norma. Either discontinued or they were just not ordering any product any longer.
This will leave of two choices ADG and Nosler.

Does anyone have any other information that would support this? Thanks
Well Kwak, I thought we were here to discuss all things gun related, sorry I offended you by asking a simple question that someone looking at a 7 SAUM post might know.

And to answer your question , Norma brass is soft. Had some 300 WSM and couldn't get rid of it fast enough. And to confuse things, many state that Nosler brass is made by Norma.

And to answer your question , Norma brass is soft. Had some 300 WSM and couldn't get rid of it fast enough. And to confuse things, many state that Nosler brass is made by Norma.
Another post without a simple answer about Norma possibly discontinuing sales of 7R SAUM brass in the US. If you know that it is soft in your opinion why did you buy it in the first place?