• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Norma Match discontinued?

King_beardsly

MMPRL & Low Dollar Precision
Minuteman
  • Jun 12, 2018
    Beast Coast
    I just looked at the Norma website and noticed that the match offering is no where to be found. I wondering if the discontinued it due to the new extreme LR offering that was announced at shot or if I somehow missed it on their site.

I was under the impression that Golden Target was what they were calling their Match ammo now.

I was under the impression that Golden Target was what they were calling their Match ammo now.
    Isn’t that what Remington calls their hot trash bulk ammo?

I shoot with a husband and wife team that are amazing people and competitors. They were shooting Norma Match last month. He told me that his chrono gave him SDs on the rounds of 4-5 FPS. And that he bought it direct, on sale for around $4/box. I came home and looked to buy some, and at the time the price has gone up to $8. I decided to pass at that price as I have known ammo that shoots well for $8-$10. And, like you, noticed that it is nowhere to be found now. I would suspect they are no longer making it, and will transition to a “new” offer soon. That’s just speculation.

The TAC-22 did shoot well enough for me to buy a couple of cases for practice ammo out of our rifles. Glad to be able to buy decent ammo for $350/case, delivered.

Last edited:
    Well that saves me a whole bunch of time and effort since I’ve got plenty of CCI SV
    Have you tried an email to the company and asking? I know they are no longer just Norma, but they used to be great about answering emails.
    Plus their names were amusing, and the characters above certain letters were cool, double dots, or a roof.

• Haha
    Reactions: lash
    I did email them and they got back pretty quick

E85493FE-B8C0-459F-9508-BA963330EA21.jpeg

Lol, good, now onto trying to figure out if Aus companies are going to put H4350 into artillery shells and deprive us reloaders of even more powder.
    That would suck since I’ve got 6creed and 270win recipes that require H4350

I've tried two different lots of Norma Match; first time I shot any of the 1st lot, I was disappointed to find that it didn't shoot nearly as good as the 1st lot of TAC-22 I'd bought at the same time. Wasn't all that impressed with the 2nd lot of Match either, but shot a few 50yd groups with both lots of Match a week or so ago, only this time, through a Vudoo Three-60 with a 23" Krieger that I've put a Pro-X tuner on. Had the tuner set for use with a good lot of SK Rifle Match, and didn't change it - the vertical of both lots of Norma Match was greatly reduced, but would need to do a side-by-side comparison with both lots in another Vudoo w/o a tuner to get a better idea of how much the tuner actually helped.

I went to range yesterday and tried Norma's TAC-22 as alternative to my dwindling supply of SK Standard + for PRS22 practice. RimX action with custom barrel in MPA Matrix chassis. Five 10 shot groups at 100 yards were 2 to 3 inch groups - 5 shots around 1 inch and then 5 flyers ruining groups. Shot SK Standard + and five 10 shot groups were 1 inch wide and 1.5 inch tall at same 100 yards.

I have a brick of Norma 22 match from local dealer I will try.

This is a target shot at 100 yards with a scoped Anschutz rifle with the Norma Match ammunition. I still have about 15,000 rounds of that ammunition left over from the 35,000 that I bought about 10-15 years ago. BTW, I'm not hoarding or reselling it. It's going to be shot.

Norma 100 Yard Target.JPG

Last edited:
    Reactions: King_beardsly
    This is a target shot at 100 yards with a scoped Anschutz rifle with the Norma Match ammunition. I still have about 15,000 rounds of that ammunition left over from the 35,000 that I bought about 10-15 years ago. BTW, I'm not hoarding or reselling it. It's going to be shot.

View attachment 8081875
    That’s truly a lifetime supply of ammo for that rifle.

15000 divided by 500 rounds per range trip = 30 range trips

That’s truly a lifetime supply of ammo for that rifle.
    15000 divided by 500 rounds per range trip = 30 range trips
    If I have another 20 years of good shooting trips to look forward to that would be about 25-30 trips to the range each year. So let's be conservative and say that is 25 trips X 20 years = 500 trips.

At 500 rounds per trip I will probably go through 250,000 rounds of ammunition in the next 20 years.

Damn both of you for bringing this up. I need to get more ammo or I'll run out soon!

Reactions: King_beardsly
    If I have another 20 years of good shooting trips to look forward to that would be about 25-30 trips to the range each year. So let's be conservative and say that is 25 trips X 20 years = 500 trips.

At 500 rounds per trip I will probably go through 250,000 rounds of ammunition in the next 20 years.

Damn both of you for bringing this up. I need to get more ammo or I'll run out soon!
    I mean you made the original 20k last 10-15 years, so the next 15k should go roughly another 10 years

Reactions: Longshot231