• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

North east? New England shooting.

FingerBlaster

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2017
Looking for a place that's over 1k yards. I thought sheep dog was an option but they are only up to 1k, their longer 1 mile range is not open to the general public. I'm in Connecticut, but looking for anywhere in the general Northeast, up to Maine down to northern Virginia, that I can make a weekend road trip out of

Last edited:
Nothing up here but 600 yard ranges. Closest 1000 yard range is just outside Albany, NY. There was an attempt at a 1k range just north of the lakes region, but that got shot down by local politics (shocking right?). If someone knows different, I'd be all over it and ready to help it progress. Hill top to hill top is the only way here, so its a matter of finding an expanse that does not cross any type of developments and has a land owner that is willing to go along with the process.
Sheep dog does go to a mile, but it not readily accessible both on a physical level and a logistical level.

Sheep dog does go to a mile, but it not readily accessible both on a physical level and a logistical level.

Sheep dog flat out told me the mile wasn't open to the public.

I have a friend of a friend that sets up shooting days on some private land near me out to 800, but only a couple times a year.

Granby MA had the 1k range but the neighbors ruined that, i think they are still good to 500.

I’ve been to Sheepdog to shoot the 1,000 yard range (it’s actually 980 yds. to the top of the cut line), and honestly I don't know where on the property you could shoot to one mile. I believe the owner has plans to formalize a range to that distance but he’s already getting some heat from the locals about noise.

Sheep dog flat out told me the mile wasn't open to the public.

I have a friend of a friend that sets up shooting days on some private land near me out to 800, but only a couple times a year.

Granby MA had the 1k range but the neighbors ruined that, i think they are still good to 500.
sheepdog but expensive

granby. give it time

Reactions: Redeye3
ELR idea for you below... sorry buddy, I hear you on the lack of options (n)

1533655985419.png

I’ve been to Sheepdog to shoot the 1,000 yard range (it’s actually 980 yds. to the top of the cut line), and honestly I don't know where on the property you could shoot to one mile. I believe the owner has plans to formalize a range to that distance but he’s already getting some heat from the locals about noise.

10" plates at sheepdog is at 1015, Looks can be deceiving but they are set back.

Granby will be open next year back out to 1020yrd?

Mile shot at sheepdog comes from back up the hill, premium members can get special Access?

Jericho Vermont has range days If distance is on your mind.

Reactions: b6graham
Was planning on going to Sheep dog next week but sounds like it's not open past 1K. I finally got a phone number to call ahead of time to make sure they are open. Last time I loaded up and drove out there on a Friday only to be told they were closed for the afternoon without any notice on their website or FB. Emailing is useless, you only get about 1/3 of your questions answered and if you ask if the longer ranges are up and running all they say is that they are "open".

@Redeye3

F'in A, 1500 yards, looks perfect!!

Looks like nothing bigger than 338. I'm still looking for somewhere to take my 375ct out, but this is still the best option we have!

@Redeye3

F'in A, 1500 yards, looks perfect!!

Looks like nothing bigger than 338. I'm still looking for somewhere to take my 375ct out, but this is still the best option we have!

Send sheepdog a picture of a thick wallet and you'll be able to get that 375 up to full rev..lol

As always in the northeast sheep dog is having some problems with the locals in the area. Specifically about shooting from alternate positions (other than 1015yrd range) which goes out to elr distances. That being said it is a Business which needs to make an income.

Sheepdog is building a structure at the mile shooting position to contain some of the noise so the cry babies can listen to the wildlife and not hear the shots. That was the last I heard about 2 weeks ago when I was there.