• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up North Florida or South Georgia long ranges?

srv656s

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2005
KC, MO
I moved to Jacksonville Florida recently and I'm looking for a decent place to shoot long range. I found a very close and convenient range, however it only goes out to about 80 yards. I'd like to do some 500+ yard shooting, but can't find anything nearby. I see there's a Manatee range in Myakka city, Florida but that's a good 4 hours from here. I'd be willing to drive a couple hours, but much farther's obviously not ideal.

Thanks-

Shawn

Re: North Florida or South Georgia long ranges?

Crap, nevermind. That's 6 hours away... Initially Google maps showed it as a little over an hour away... My search continues...

Bradford Sportsmans Farm. I shoot there from time to time. Its pry only an hour from Jacksonville. They have a nice range going out to 850. Only problem is you have to qualify to shoot there. Just give the guy and call and set up a time to qualify. Its easy.

PM me if you want more info.

BSF will be the closest to you most likely. You can also look at Volusia County Gun and Hunt Club. The Central Florida Defensive Carbine Club has shoots there which is how I found out about the range, but I didn't realize they have LR there too. I believe the range goes to 1,000. I've seen some pics showing them out to 750.

I live in jacksonville also. Come shoot at Bradford sportsman farm. About an hour away depending on which side of town you live. 850 yard range

Pm me if you want more details and we can talk live.

Jack, the match is still on but I would check with Rick to comfirm.

Have not recieved any notice that it has been cancelled.

Regards

Mark

Mark,
I'm checking. Voice and e-mails. Hard to reach him sometimes. How are you doing?

Go to k&m worth the trip.

Given the choice to shoot every week at Bradford or once a month At k&m I would go to k&m. Excellent facility.

I wouldn't make that trade. But then again it wouldn't be practical for me to go to K&M even once a month
smile.gif

I enjoy BSF.

No

I can make it to BSF 2-3 times a month because it is a half day investment. I can drive+shoot+get home in 4-5 hours. I can't even get to K&M in 5 hours.

During the summer, there are about 4 hours of day light I want to shoot in. 100+ degree heat indexes aren't my cup o'tea. So, that makes the 10+ hour round trip especially difficult to justify.

I completely understand, i have a private range not far from me and i shoot there quite often. like you said this time of the year is early morning or late in the evening. i just got tired of all the crap at BSF.

if you get some time and can attend i would highly recomend shooting either one of the 2 day or the 1 day matches at K&M

I see you are in st. augustine, there are several of us that go to these and all live in or around St. Aug and have room.

Panhandle match is coming up this weekend! Gonna be a fun one.

Bryan

I'm going to be in the GAP Grind in October at K&M.
I'm going to do the BSF 3 day event a week or two before.

I have no issues with BSF. I also belong to a more general purpose range in St. Augustine. Because of my experience there, I understand it is pretty easy to get "sour" on a range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I completely understand, i have a private range not far from me and i shoot there quite often. like you said this time of the year is early morning or late in the evening. i just got tired of all the crap at BSF.

if you get some time and can attend i would highly recomend shooting either one of the 2 day or the 1 day matches at K&M

I see you are in st. augustine, there are several of us that go to these and all live in or around St. Aug and have room. </div></div>

New to the fwb area talked to the guys at k&m in baker. Does anyone shoot there frequently thinking about getting a memebership. I work at eglin afb so not to much of a trip for me. Would like to meet some of the local shooters.

Thanks,
Dave

yeah i really like BSF, but the $10 an hour fee for the 850 kinda sucks! otherwise its a good time.