• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up North Florida shooter's

plinkin

Mall Ninja
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2014
florida
I shoot at Gateway Rifle and pistol club but they only have a 200 yrd
I'm looking for a longer range. I've been to shadds farm but they're not really a range that you can be a member of. I know of Bradsfords sporting but they charge by the hour. Anyone know anything closer to Jacksonville? I'm in Middleburg. Thinking about joining Ascott but it over an hour away.

Saltwaters and Ancient City in St. Augustine.
Thanks, makes me want to move to Utah or something lol. Not many choices. Lol. I'm really considering Ascot, if it wasn't an hour away or 500 a yr I prob would've already joined.

I shoot at Gateway Rifle and pistol club but they only have a 200 yrd
I'm looking for a longer range. I've been to shadds farm but they're not really a range that you can be a member of. I know of Bradsfords sporting but they charge by the hour. Anyone know anything closer to Jacksonville? I'm in Middleburg. Thinking about joining Ascott but it over an hour away.

Bradford charges by the day not the hour.

Oh ok, I thought it was 30 for 3 hours, or there abouts.
the 300 access is packaged with the pistol range. Website says current price at $20 day.

They have on there for the 850 currently "$40/Day on 850 Yard Range. ". You might be right, at one point I wonder if that was for four hours. Their prices could use some work anyways.

I wish that Saltwaters had their range open on weekends. As far I as know there is nothing at Ancient City. There is a long distance range next door at the Police range if you can get access.

the 300 access is packaged with the pistol range. Website says current price at $20 day.

They have on there for the 850 currently "$40/Day on 850 Yard Range. ". You might be right, at one point I wonder if that was for four hours. Their prices could use some work anyways.

I wish that Saltwaters had their range open on weekends. As far I as know there is nothing at Ancient City. There is a long distance range next door at the Police range if you can get access.
Yea, gateway is great for the price and what they offer. I would gladly pay 300 a yr for a 500-600 yard access.

@lash i think is a member down at Volusia. It’s a bit of a drive but it looks nice.

Bradford is about the closest without driving, and I like it. The $40 a day for the 850 isn’t that bad.

Oh and avoid Gateway on the weekends at all cost. The last time I went on a weekend, within 5 minutes of being on the line I saw various SEVERE safety violations, that when brought up to the RO, was played off.

Oh and avoid Gateway on the weekends at all cost. The last time I went on a weekend, within 5 minutes of being on the line I saw various SEVERE safety violations, that when brought up to the RO, was played off.
Lmao, I've seen a few, I'm mainly at the 100 yrd around the left to the rear or the 200 sometimes at the pistol plates.

Lmao, I've seen a few, I'm mainly at the 100 yrd around the left to the rear or the 200 sometimes at the pistol plates.

I should be back out there at the 100 hopefully soon dialing in my 06 for a hunt, as well as my AR. It is a very nice place and I’m debating joining it or Bradford

Imho, if you're any kind of reasonable distance from gateway it cant be beat. 130 a yr after the first yr is pretty cheap for everything you get. Have you checked into a membership at Bradsfords? How much?

Imho, if you're any kind of reasonable distance from gateway it cant be beat. 130 a yr after the first yr is pretty cheap for everything you get. Have you checked into a membership at Bradsfords? How much?

Im 30 or so minutes from Gateway and an hour or so from Bradford. If I remember correctly it’s $300/year for Bradford from the last time I was there.

Im 30 or so minutes from Gateway and an hour or so from Bradford. If I remember correctly it’s $300/year for Bradford from the last time I was there.
Which gives you all of a $10 discount per day on the daily rate to use the 850 at Bradford. They need to change their prices a bit.

Which gives you all of a $10 discount per day on the daily rate to use the 850 at Bradford. They need to change their prices a bit.

Part of me thought it wasn’t bad but that can quickly add up if you go a few times a month.

Reactions: jackdesert
@lash i think is a member down at Volusia. It’s a bit of a drive but it looks nice.

Bradford is about the closest without driving, and I like it. The $40 a day for the 850 isn’t that bad.
Yeah but at Volusia you can only use the long distance that is on the adjacent property like twice a month and when it isn't being used for hunting, etc. There was another post on here awhile back that said the property recently changed owners and they bought land adjacent on the east with possible plans to open a 1K range. That would be nice.

Reactions: 338dude
Yeah but at Volusia you can only use the long distance that is on the adjacent property like twice a month and when it isn't being used for hunting, etc. There was another post on here awhile back that said the property recently changed owners and they bought land adjacent on the east with possible plans to open a 1K range. That would be nice.
For a sec I thought you were talking about ascott. I was like with?

Never heard of Ascot. I have a buddy I worked with who owns property I need to track down once I have my 308 or 6.5 built; pretty sure he had a 1000 yard range

Never heard of Ascot. I have a buddy I worked with who owns property I need to track down once I have my 308 or 6.5 built; pretty sure he had a 1000 yard range
Ascott is down by Palatka, before you cross over the bridge on the east side of the river.

"The cost is 500$ for an individual, 650$ for a family and each would have to have 100$ initiation fee. We have a 25 yard pistol range, a 100 yd rifle, and a 1000 yd rifle range. All are open 24/7, except when the range is closed for an event."

That's the thing. All of these places do a poor job of advertising and making prices and info clear. What's the fricking secret.

Saltwater finally updated their website. I never even knew it existed until about two years ago when I was shooting clays over at Bradford and they had an advertisement sign on one of the stands.

Ascott is down by Palatka, before you cross over the bridge on the east side of the river.

"The cost is 500$ for an individual, 650$ for a family and each would have to have 100$ initiation fee. We have a 25 yard pistol range, a 100 yd rifle, and a 1000 yd rifle range. All are open 24/7, except when the range is closed for an event."

That's the thing. All of these places do a poor job of advertising and making prices and info clear. What's the fricking secret.

Saltwater finally updated their website. I never even knew it existed until about two years ago when I was shooting clays over at Bradford and they had an advertisement sign on one of the stands.

That don’t sound bad at all. It may be worth a drive to check it out on a weekend or a rare day I’m off.

How do you like the clay shooting at Bradford? I haven’t shot clays in years and I’ve been thinking of going for a day of it.

That don’t sound bad at all. It may be worth a drive to check it out on a weekend or a rare day I’m off.

How do you like the clay shooting at Bradford? I haven’t shot clays in years and I’ve been thinking of going for a day of it.

Unfortunately I don't think you can just go check Ascot out. You'd have to arrange access with the owner/manager. There is contact on their site. For that amount they should be willing to meet you up for a tour.

Clays are nice at Bradford but I haven't been in about a 1.5 years now. Amazing how time goes by. I really like their newer West course. The older East course I thought was a little too basic. Never shot the course they set up periodically on the 850 yard range. They seem to close for a lot of events, good for them but not for me. I had started shooting pretty regularly instead right by me at Jax Clay Target which has a real nice (south) course. But they changed the damn machines to be super sporting on half the course and you got to press too many damn buttons at every station to get a delayed shot for just one shooter so I haven't been back in three months.

Yes, I am a member at Volusia down here. We currently have 320+ yards at the regular rifle range but only get to shoot once or twice a month out to 1000 yards and that costs extra. On the plus side, the $40 for about 4 hours at the 1000 range is open to anyone who wants to pay. No membership required.

VCGHC is now under new ownership and they have great plans for the whole range. From what I’ve heard this will include a permanent rifle range out to 1200 or more, though that might be a year or so down the road.

I generally go to bradford from jax as it is the closest to me where i can shoot on wed. Been qualified on the 850 for years. Just got a new 6.5 i am fixing to start working some loads up on. Will probably be down there pretty regular for the next few weeks.
anybody want to meet up down there hit me up and lets do it. I have to build some new target stands but should be on that pretty soon

I’m hoping to make it to Bradford this weekend. Won’t be on the 850 yet, just getting a hunting rifle dialed in and playing with a new 22 rifle

Yes, I am a member at Volusia down here. We currently have 320+ yards at the regular rifle range but only get to shoot once or twice a month out to 1000 yards and that costs extra. On the plus side, the $40 for about 4 hours at the 1000 range is open to anyone who wants to pay. No membership required.

VCGHC is now under new ownership and they have great plans for the whole range. From what I’ve heard this will include a permanent rifle range out to 1200 or more, though that might be a year or so down the road.
Whoa hold on there lash! I musta missed that.....so I could drive up with a truck load and we could do 4hours on the 1k for 40? How many shooting positions or is it standing room waiting? Any steel? Thanks...may be seeing you soon.

Reactions: jackdesert
Whoa hold on there lash! I musta missed that.....so I could drive up with a truck load and we could do 4hours on the 1k for 40? How many shooting positions or is it standing room waiting? Any steel? Thanks...may be seeing you soon.
There is one firing line with room enough for about 8 shooters on 2 towers and more if you want to shoot out of the back of a truck. We also have a couple/few barricades/props to shoot off if if you want. We usually have steel at 300, 400, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, though the distances are often not exact. We provide distances at beginning of session, which starts at 10:00 and goes until 2:00.

Bear in mind that this is essentially a swampy field, so be prepared and have mud boots if you own some, just in case it’s wet and muddy out there. It often is. Positions are not covered and while there are usually one or two of us volunteer RSOs out there that will help the newest shooters with spotting until they get on steel, this is not a instructional session, so other than pointers now and then, we cannot dedicate any training to any one shooter.

I am usually out there as a volunteer RSO and sometimes, as the crowd thins out, I can get a couple mags of trigger time in before we wrap it up.

We typically get somewhere around 12-18 shooters, which is about all the line will hold if you want to get line of sight to the targets.

We are holding the next practice session on Saturday, the 25th of this month. I’ll probably be there.

Long Range Qualifying and Practice
Where:
Volusia County Gun and Hunt Club
4645 E. SR 44
New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168
http://www.volusiacountygunandhuntclub.com

When:
Sign in at 9:45 a.m. outside of Long Range area gate. Shooting 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Check VCGHC calendar and Precision Shooting Services Facebook Page to confirm activities. Please contact David McGrath at [email protected] to confirm participation in any VCGHC Long Range Shooting activity.
Pre-registration is required.

Goals:

Training distances available: 10 – 1000 yards. Practice will cater to the participants. If attending shooters need to generate or confirm data, we typically shoot from 400 - 1000 yards in 200 yard steps. If the majority of attendees would rather work on hunting or competition inspired exercises, we are very fortunate to have a variety of platforms, obstacles and engagement distances available.

Cost:
$40.00 per Shooter

Pre-registration is required.
Participation is on a first come, first served basis. Maximum shooter count for practices is 15. If you do not pre-register but show up un-announced, you may be denied access. Observers welcome.

Pre-register by:
Paypal use: [email protected]
If by check mail to:
Precision Shooting Services
750 Ballough Road
Daytona Beach, FL 32114

For info:
David McGrath, 386-214-8838 (cell) or email [email protected]

There is one firing line with room enough for about 8 shooters on 2 towers and more if you want to shoot out of the back of a truck. We also have a couple/few barricades/props to shoot off if if you want. We usually have steel at 300, 400, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, though the distances are often not exact. We provide distances at beginning of session, which starts at 10:00 and goes until 2:00.

Bear in mind that this is essentially a swampy field, so be prepared and have mud boots if you own some, just in case it’s wet and muddy out there. It often is. Positions are not covered and while there are usually one or two of us volunteer RSOs out there that will help the newest shooters with spotting until they get on steel, this is not a instructional session, so other than pointers now and then, we cannot dedicate any training to any one shooter.

I am usually out there as a volunteer RSO and sometimes, as the crowd thins out, I can get a couple mags of trigger time in before we wrap it up.

We typically get somewhere around 12-18 shooters, which is about all the line will hold if you want to get line of sight to the targets.

We are holding the next practice session on Saturday, the 25th of this month. I’ll probably be there.
I've been here, it was nice and dry I had a good day. The only thing I didn't like about it was the platform, you've got 8 shooter or so on a wooden platform and someone is almost always going down or up the stairs which shakes the platform. If I were to go again I would take my truck and a pop up canopy.

I've been here, it was nice and dry I had a good day. The only thing I didn't like about it was the platform, you've got 8 shooter or so on a wooden platform and someone is almost always going down or up the stairs which shakes the platform. If I were to go again I would take my truck and a pop up canopy.
Yes, that is true. The tall platform is more stable, but limited to two shooters.

At Bradsfords 850 yard is it prone or bench?
There is both. Benches under cover and prone area in front of them. Berm is covered in grass except for one spot which makes it hard to see misses. Also have to bring your own targets and stands. 40.00 for all day.
check the website under events to make sure they dont have the range shutdown for a sporting clays event or something.
also have to qualify to shoot on the 850 but thats only 40.00 also.
the 300 yd has benches and you can get under them for prone shooting it is covered as well. Only 20.00 a day for non members

There is both. Benches under cover and prone area in front of them. Berm is covered in grass except for one spot which makes it hard to see misses. Also have to bring your own targets and stands. 40.00 for all day.
check the website under events to make sure they dont have the range shutdown for a sporting clays event or something.
also have to qualify to shoot on the 850 but thats only 40.00 also.
the 300 yd has benches and you can get under them for prone shooting it is covered as well. Only 20.00 a day for non members
What kind of stands would be good?

Any kind you want really as long as they can be driven into the ground or freestanding.
on the 300 yd range if shooting at 200yds or less the center of target needs to be about 5’ high to ensure a berm hit so no ricocheting off the ground and over the berm. Also no steel on the 300 but you can use it on the 850. I just built a free standing one for cardboard out of 2x4’s yesterday and also a simple a frame with a steel pipe to hang some 6” gongs i have for the long range.
i have been a paper puncher for years and just now moving into doing some prs stuff so working on getting some steel targets in the future. Probably some for a tpost or a freestanding 4x4 mount

Any kind you want really as long as they can be driven into the ground or freestanding.
on the 300 yd range if shooting at 200yds or less the center of target needs to be about 5’ high to ensure a berm hit so no ricocheting off the ground and over the berm. Also no steel on the 300 but you can use it on the 850. I just built a free standing one for cardboard out of 2x4’s yesterday and also a simple a frame with a steel pipe to hang some 6” gongs i have for the long range.
i have been a paper puncher for years and just now moving into doing some prs stuff so working on getting some steel targets in the future. Probably some for a tpost or a freestanding 4x4 mount
10 4, I'm trying to do some ladder tests after the qualification.

I will also once i gather the components for loading. Wont be too long before i start load development

I know this thread is about ranges, but in order to go there you have to have Ammo.

I have 2 boxes of 357sig that I have no use for. If any body wants them let me know and you can have them.

I’m located on the east side of the Jacksonville off Beach Blvd and 295.

Jay
E25049C8-E342-45D9-B187-469E792BEEA6.jpeg

I know this post is about NE shooting, but any of y’all in here hunt around these parts?

I did for years but that was a while back. Hunted management land when i was younger then was in a club up in hilliard for a bunch of years

Anyone been out to Bradford or Gateway lately with this crap going on? I’m itching to get out.

Hadnt been in a few weeks but am itching to get oug also

Shadds is having a two sniper match on the 24 th and 25 th of April. night shooting on the 24th. $200 for the match. 20 shooting stations.

Not sure exactly. I know it is a hunting preserve type thing. I know some folks that shoot there when they do matches. Will see can i get one of them to chime in with some info about it. Or maybe tigerlion has some more info on it.

Reactions: Twitchy