• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors North Texas Meeting on Suppressed Hunting Be There

glocksig40

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2009
Noth Dallas 40 Texas
There is a scheduled meeting that will take place in McKinney on March 20th at 7 pm. For those who can support it, please turn out and help push this thru.
Myers Park and Event Center
7117 CR 166
McKinney Texas

SP

Re: North Texas Meeting on Suppressed Hunting Be There

Yes it is a TPWD sponsored event. This meeting will be to discuss several rule change proposals for fishing and hunting. One of those rule changes proposes allowing the use of suppressors while hunting game animals. The Last of the meetings is on March 20th and the rulemakers will vote during the State meeting on March 28-29th. This will be our last opportunity to speak out/support the proposed change before the vote. Here is the info from TPWD website:

TPWD Public Hearing Calendar

All meetings are open to the public and begin at 7 p.m.

March 6

Beaumont, Holiday Inn & Suites, 3950 I-10 South.
Denison, Center for Workplace Learning (Room #111), 6101 Grayson Drive.
Nacogdoches, Nacogdoches Co. Courthouse Annex, 203 West Main.
San Antonio, Lions Field Adult Center, 2809 Broadway.
March 13

Dickinson, TPWD Dickinson Lab, 1502 FM 517 East (Pine Drive).
Fort Worth, Kennedale High School, Gymnasium, 901 Wildcat Way, Kennedale.
Marshall, Lions Community Center, 1201 Louisiana Street.
March 14

Port Isabel, Port Isabel Community Center, 213 Yturria.
March 20

Houston, Sheldon Lake State Park, Regional Headquarters Classroom, 14200 Garrett Road.
McKinney, Myers Park & Event Center, 7117 County Road 166.
New Boston, Bowie County Courthouse (2nd floor), 710 James Bowie Drive.

I just requested March 20th off and will be at the Port Isabel meet

Thank you for spreading the word. Hopefully this will get pushed through.

David Whitson (737SHARK) and I attended the meeting last night. We both spoke in support of the rule change. It was both of our opinions that the public is misinformed about using a suppressor. We tried to dispell the "Hollywood" rumors and ideas most people have. The room was mostly full of farmers and ranchers and they had no idea what a suppressor really was. I think it was positive but most importantly, the state got our input. All the public comment will be heard by TPWD and the voters on March 28th and the vote on the rule changes will be on March 29th. If the rule changes are approved, they will go into effect for the 2012 hunting season in September.

Hope you gave em hell! I sent an email to one of the TPWD guys who was in the original hearing, but never got a reply. I also did the online vote when it was open. All of the meetings are too far from South Texas for me to make, but it sounds like we were well represented. I think it will pass, there is no reason it shouldn't. Cant wait!
-Dan

Was that date the same for all listed locations? I would have loved to attend and speak on behalf of the change. If the Houston date has not yet come to pass, please let me know and I will gladly attend. Thanks to those who already have. Also for those that have, your feedback is greatly anticipated.

The TPWD hearings are all done. Yesterday was the last ones. Vote is next week and we should hear something soon after.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The TPWD hearings are all done. Yesterday was the last ones. Vote is next week and we should hear something soon after. </div></div>

Thank you for your time and involvement in this! Hope this passes!

I wish I dropped by here a little sooner. I didn't have much to do that day and could have come.
frown.gif
Hopefully it will go through...my boy will be old enough to start shooting/hunting soon and I don't want him to end up half deaf like me.

DAMMIT!!! I didnt see this... shit!!!

I hope we get it passed..... I would love to hunt without ears on.

What are the details around the vote? Is this a tpwd vote, texas house, publix, or some other type?

It's my understanding that TPWD has the authority to change rules such as this one by an appointed panel. In order to change the rule, they are required to hold hearings, get public input as well as review current laws. I'm sure they have to follow protocol as the meeting I attended was an official state hearing. They gather info from law enforcement, game wardens, biologists and law makers. They present it to the board or panel for a vote. If the vote is for a rule change, it's changed. However since I'm not on the inside, there may be more to it but this is what was explained to me by a couple of friends. One being a game warden and another who is a biologist for TPWD.

Well heres to hoping for a vote yes to change the rules in the coming week(s).

Thanks for the info!

I'm in anti-gun land (New Jersey) for work but will be calling on Friday to see what I can find out about the vote. Hope it's good news.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Verdict?</div></div>

Really curious myself. I was wanting to make it out there this morning, but had a meeting at 8 and couldn't.

Just confirmed by friends at the meeting in Austin. It passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome news.
Thanks to all of you who helped in support.