• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing North Texas yote down and the hogs are next....

NTK

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2011
North Texas
I went out sunday morn for a little hunting hoping to see the trouble makers in action but they were long gone. About an 2hrs into my stalk I decided to do a little calling, 10min later this female got a bullet to the neck.

P9182760-1.jpg

Heres a few cell phone pics of the damage 2wks ago, sunday morning it was even worst theres going to be a lot of blood on these pastures soon.

P__666E-1.jpg

P__C9F2-1.jpg

P__C536-1.jpg

P__317B-1.jpg

Re: North Texas yote down and the hogs are next....

Damn, they are tearing your bottom to hell. You are eat up with them. Luck for you in Texas, you can legally hunt at night with artificial light so that may give you a better chance at the hogs in a action.

Where in N. Texas are you?

I hunt just outside of Aubrey we used thermals last yr and had them in check but I just dont have the time to be chasing them through the night.

What cal is ur rifle.

22-250 in the pic im usally out with the .270 or .308 but I have been tearing up the hides on the cats and yotes with the larger calibers.

Posting pictures of the Hog carnage will be a must!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Al Rick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Posting pictures of the Hog carnage will be a must! </div></div>

I will be back out there saturday and sunday hopefully I will get some of them bastards then.

Wow you're west of me and don't see any hogs over here. Plenty of coyotes though; lost 4 goats last Saturday to the coyotes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Heres a few cell phone pics of the damage 2wks ago, sunday morning it was even worst theres going to be a lot of blood on these pastures soon.
</div></div>

Swine blood should work wonders for your pasture, its got plenty iron
wink.gif
clear them holes up fast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter McGavin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow you're west of me and don't see any hogs over here. Plenty of coyotes though; lost 4 goats last Saturday to the coyotes. </div></div>

The hogs are so bad here its ridiculous the GW's have three traps up along the fence line of property its pretty much all they can do on the corps side. Last week I seen one dead on hwy 380 and then 2 more on 922.

If any of you north Texas boys need some help with hogs or coyotes, just let me know. I can hop on 377 and be down in yall's area in no time. It would my pleasure to help out.

That's funny about the hogs with your neighbor to the west not seeing any and you being eat of with them. That's the way it is around my place. Less than 5 miles both north and east ofe around the river the hogs are thick!! But I've only seen 2 around my place in the last 5yrs. One was on a trail cam and the other was walking a fence line one morning alone behind my house (he's dead now). I keep saying its only a matter of time till they make thier way over, but they haven't yet.

Nice dog! We are getting ready to start out our yote callin season and I AM READY!!!!