• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NORTHEAST OHIO SNIPERS CHALLENGE APRIL 8TH & 9TH

G

Bogeymanhunter
Bogeymanhunter.png

XSergeant
Rating: 3.1/5 this site
213 posts this site
Northeast ohio snipers challenge april 8th & 9th
01/23/2017 Last edited 01/23/2017 by Bogeymanhunter

The northeast snipers challenge will be held at southington hunt club in Garrettsville Ohio. It is put on by Long range pain llc. For more information pm me an email adress and i can send you the run down and registration info.

The NE Ohio Sniper Challenge is a 1 day tactical precision rifle match held at the Southington Hunt Club and Training Facility ( see here southingtonhuntclub.net ) The match is run and sponsored by LONG RANGE PAIN LLC. an Ohio based limited liability company. SHOOTERS MUST CHOOSE TO SHOOT ON EITHER SATURDAY April 8th OR SUNDAY April 9th .
INFO:
Targets are mostly AR 500 steel with many of them reactive steel targets, there are some paper targets and the ranges to targets will be spread across anywhere from 0 to 800 yards at the maximum. Various fictional scenarios will be presented to make the match more fun and that will have the shooter firing from the prone, seated, standing, and various other positions. Calibers are restricted to a maximum power of 300 Win Mag and below. 3250 FPS maximum for any rifle. (No 338 Lapua or 50 caliber ) . This is a private range and the match has no official sponsors yet but there will be a small prize table and drawing for a Rifle see below. As well as the top shooters will be recognized with awards/plaque. Shooters can and are encouraged to bring range finders, spotting scopes , sand bags , shooting mat, etc

REGISTRATION & MATCH FEE:
Each shooter will receive a Match T-shirt in their size and a chance to win a new Suppressor . Upon deciding to register and shoot the
match each Shooter must upon receiving this email mail a check or money order for $ 110 dollars made out to :
“Long Range Pain LLC” mail to 2410 Frost Road Streetsboro Ohio 44241.
Also please INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IN A RESPONSE EMAIL STATING :
1) DAY YOU WANT TO SHOOT ON?
2) YOUR T-SHIRT SIZE
3) CALIBER OF YOUR RIFLE AND YOUR SQUAD MEMBER REQUESTS IF YOU HAVE ANY.
4) (answer only if applicable ) CAMPING AVAILABLE , Include a Request/Reservation to Camp if you would like to stay onsite. Camping is available onsite for a fee of $20 a day per person, or $25 with electric. There are indoor heated bathrooms and a shower facility.

As a part of your entry fee You automatically will get to try to “Shoot” your way into our match drawing for a chance to win a YHM Suppressor !
We are having a “Qualification Stage” & you will get to attempt to “Shoot” your way into the match drawing to win a Brand New YHM Suppressor (winner responsible for paying only for their own federal tax stamp costs. One Winner will receive a brand new “ Yankee Hill Machine YHM 2100 MB’s ”.
Basically you will have a stage where you must hit 3 designated targets at 3 different distances within the allotted number of shots. If you are successful you’ve qualified and your name will be added to the drawing for the suppressor at the end of the match on Sunday ! If you fail to hit any one of the 3 designated targets your name will not be added to the drawing. This is a nice combination of skill to qualify & then simple luck to win ! We hope everyone enjoys this twist to the match !
MATCH TARGET SIZES: Steel Target sizes vary from 6x6 inch squares and everything in between all the way up to full sized IPSC sized targets. Paper targets will be smaller. Ranges and target sizes will be given for most stages , but be prepared to have a few unknown distance targets to challenge your abilities , you will be allowed to use laser range finders on the unknown distance targets , also their sizes will be given if you need to Mil them and have no range finder.
START TIME : You may arrive anytime after 7 a.m. but please arrive no later than
8:00 a.m. which is the start time for the shooters meeting ,following the meeting first shots are at 8:30 a.m. The Match will run all day long and has no specific end time . Most likely we will be finishing around 5pm or 6 pm but that is an estimate.

WHAT TO BRING :
Shooting GEAR : Shooters are welcome to bring whatever gear they feel is needed to shoot
safely and accurately. Range Finders are welcome, as are sand bags, tripods, hog/pig saddles, spotting scopes, etc. Bring it if you think you’d like to use it. We will let you know if its not acceptable for a given stage , but for the most part bring what you want.
ALL SHOOTERS MUST BRING WITH THEM A CHAMBER FLAG AND USE IT THE ENTIRE MATCH when you are not actively firing a
stage. No exceptions. All guns must be carried unloaded and with a chamber flag in place when not actively participating in a stage.
Please bring a shooting mat as you will be able to utilize one on a lot of the stages . Hearing protection is a must , preferable electronic ear muffs so you can hear range commands and hits on steel. But if you don’t have electronic muffs regular ear plugs are acceptable to shoot the match. Eye protection is discretionary that’s up to you. Bring paper/pen pencil to write information down if needed.
AMMO Bring at least 100 rounds , you will shoot around 60 total in the match & probably more , as the COF is still being set.
FORMAT: This match is meant to be challenging , fun and educational. You will score points by hitting the assigned targets within the allotted time for the engagement, and within the allotted number of shots/chances.
First round hits will get you more points on some stages, second round hits will be scored at a lesser value than first round hits. You will be told point values prior to the stage. There will be no additional points if you are the fastest shooter (No Comstock stages) . There will be an allowable time for the stage given, targets assigned and points are scored for your hits. There will be multiple targets and distances in some stages , be ready to engage multiple targets at different distances. Most stages will allow for 2 shots/chances at each target . You will be pressed for time on some stages.
HELP/SHARING INFO Helping other shooters is encouraged and allowed , sharing real time information is allowable, with one exception please do not share the distances of the unknown targets with the shooters who have not yet shot that stage! Please make it a challenge for everyone. You may however if you wish share distances with others on the line WITH you DURING an active stage if you wish . Again use your discretion. You want to collaborate feel free but Please do not purposely provide false information to any shooter. We have a few new shooters with us so lets make it a positive experience for all.

Rate now:
Raptor005XCorporal
Rating: 3.0/5 this site
95 posts this site
Re: Northeast ohio snipers challenge april 8th & 9th
01/25/2017

I hope I can make this one!

Rate now:
RichMangus
RichMangus.jpg

XCorporal
49 posts this site
01/26/2017

Looking forward to it.

Rate now:
Bud6mmXPrivate
37 posts this site
Tuesday at 12:11 PM

How many slots are still available for saturday?

Anyone had their check cashed yet? I just realized today that I sent mine out a couple weeks ago and it has not even been cashed yet.

I always send a money order so I can not help on that. I do know that Steve the guy who takes care of putting this match together is out of town most of the week and normally reply's on the weekend. I can inquire an let you know what is up. have you received anything from them since sending in your check?