• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Northern Utah PCPR March 31st RESULTS UP

snaglytooth

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2009
Francis, UT
Park City Precision Rifle Match
Match will be Saturday March 31st
It will start at 9 AM
The match is held minutes out side of Park City, Utah.
60 round max, most stages will be timed(just to keep things moving along.) I will have three paper stages, and the rest will be steel with ranges from 100 to 900 yards.

30Cal MAX for the safety of my steel.

The match is held on private property so ALL guests must sign a liability release.

Since target upkeep and upgrade never end! A $20 donation to the range gets you on the firing line for the match.

If you are planning to attend please post in this thread or PM me. We can only accomadate 25 shooters so it is first come first serve so post here to save your spot.

This has been a great bunch of guys to shoot with. All new shooters are encouraged to come and give it a try, or just watch feel free to come hang out.

If you need driving directions PM me.
The range is just off Hwy 40 at the Park City exit.

MAP.png

Re: Northern Utah PCPR March 31st

Shooter list

1. yotedog65284
2. Ron Y.
3. Ron Y.#2
4. Ron Y.#3
5. Snaglytooth
6. MuleyTime
7. Greg H.
8. Chad??
9. CaptainMoroni
10. Coldboremiracle???
11. DesertMonkey???
12. Steeldinger
13. Exhaust3
14. RA10X
15. 6.5X47
16. Bigsky23
17. RMW
19. Vprtoad
20. RussW1911
21. Enfield
22. FudWacked
23. Spent 30
24. spent 30#2
25. spent 30#3
27. Austin S.
28. Daniel R.

FYI the road into the range is a muddy ass mess. 4X4 will likely be required. If you need a ride into the range let me know and I can run down and pick you up.

Just ask Rocca how bad it can get!!!

IMG_6385.jpg

That pic looks very familiar and brings back memories......last year I assume??
laugh.gif

Better put Greg and I on the list. Maybe even Chad if I can talk him into it.....

I'm in. Hope the new rifle is up to par.

6.5x47

I am going to try and make this one.

I wanted to see if my buddy and I can come and spectate this event we will donate the $20.00 as well

Seal, you guys are certainly welcome to come spectate..no charge to come hang out! Bring your rifle...you may decide you want to jump in and shoot.

If there's still room for a newb I'm in. Assuming it starts at 9 what time should we finish up?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stalski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If there's still room for a newb I'm in. Assuming it starts at 9 what time should we finish up? </div></div>
yea still room. We should be done by 1pm at the latest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We should be done by 1pm at the latest. </div></div> LOL, cross your fingers
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We should be done by 1pm at the latest. </div></div> LOL, cross your fingers
smile.gif
</div></div>
Don't know where you've been, but when we start by 9am we have always been finished by 1in the past.

So... it looks like this is definitely a road for mudkips... I'm thinking my SUV aint gonna have clearance. Any plans for folks to circle the wagons and pool up from the lower gate... someone bringing fecking BigFoot to get through that swamp hole?

HAHA! I just took the tractor over there today and got the standing water to drain off the road. It is actually not that bad at all..should stay that way unless we get another 10" of snow befor the match.

I started a new road around the bad spot where rodney got stuck last year. Just follow the new bypass road up into the sage brush!!!

Hope to have a great match. If any of you want to practice something new in order to prepare for the hide cup..I am all ears for stage designs and ideas.

Cold bore, Do you meen shoot the whole match as a team? team scored? Would each team member shoot the same COF or would they help each other out? Not sure how that would work! let me know how you envision it going. I am all for new things. It may be hard for everyone to come as a team.

Hey Snag,
I THINK I finally determined what the issue is with my rifle.(sticky bolt syndrome) To only bump the shoulder .001 its not resizing the case down small enough for my chamber causing snug loading and very stiff extracion. I ordered a small base body die last night but im not sure if it will be here in time.
SO just letting you know I MAY not be shooting but I will still be there to help out if you need me. Or maybe I'll just show up with my rimfire to intimidate everyone.
See you at the match

Regarding ideas, I keep hearing about how cup is problem solving. Difficulty is those types of stages typically can only be shot one at a time and we have time constraints. I think you've been pretty good at hitting us on our weak spots, just come up with more things we need to work on... transitions offhand, kneeling, prone using our sling? I really liked your mover stage except making you run out to fix it. I've often wondered how one could do a target ID stage... RO comes up, shows you two pictures, you cannot write them down and you must find and engage under time constraint. Perhaps as simple as colored circle, square, triangle, verticle Hash, horizontal hash.. something easy enough to template and be painted onto steel targets, forcing us to remember what we are shown and its color, and then range it and kill it. Engaging wrong color / shape would be penalty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FUDwacked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Regarding ideas, I keep hearing about how cup is problem solving. Difficulty is those types of stages typically can only be shot one at a time and we have time constraints. I think you've been pretty good at hitting us on our weak spots, just come up with more things we need to work on... transitions offhand, kneeling, prone using our sling? I really liked your mover stage except making you run out to fix it. I've often wondered how one could do a target ID stage... RO comes up, shows you two pictures, you cannot write them down and you must find and engage under time constraint. Perhaps as simple as colored circle, square, triangle, verticle Hash, horizontal hash.. something easy enough to template and be painted onto steel targets, forcing us to remember what we are shown and its color, and then range it and kill it. Engaging wrong color / shape would be penalty.

</div></div>

The only NorCal steel match I was able to attend they had a board set up with Nautical flag symbols and each one had six dots three on each side, You had a traffic cone, I beleive it was 20 yard from the firing line. You staged your rifle walked back to the cone and was shown your symbol from a deck of cards with the nautical symbol on it. When time started you ran to your Rifle looked for your symbol fired one shot and then ran back around the cone and back to your rifle for another shot. The time limit on this if my memory is correct was 3 1/2 min to try and put six shots in the six dots.
I had a blast doing this for being a Fat Old Guy.

Soon I will be attending your matches in Utah

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Or maybe two guys shooting two different COFs at the same time? </div></div>
Maybe, or do like the crazy steel but one guy takes the left side and one takes the right. One spotter per shooter. Maybe several cof's could be done this way, and then you could have a team winner as well as an individual overall winner.

Hey Snag,
This is Zach out in Saratoga. Is there room for myself and two other shooters? If so, please chalk us down.
ZB

Lack of fundage may be canceling my trip to Rifle's Only...I might actually make this one.
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spent 30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Snag,
This is Zach out in Saratoga. Is there room for myself and two other shooters? If so, please chalk us down.
ZB
</div></div>

I will put you guys on the list. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mustafa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lack of fundage may be canceling my trip to Rifle's Only...I might actually make this one.
frown.gif
</div></div>
That sucks..Hope to see you at the match.

I have been brainstorming allday and I think I have some really great ideas for the match, lots of fresh new stuff! Come prepared for anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Come prepared for anything. </div></div>
Got me a tetanus booster this morning
wink.gif

Sorry guys but we are at full capacity for the match. If anyone can not make it please lets us know so we can offer your spot. I know I have a couple people on the list that are unsure about attending.

I'd like to come out and watch. Maybe shoot some pics if I really motivate.