• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Northern VA Shooters

Raptor005

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
NOVA
I'm in NOVA and looking for a good spot for some field shooting. I know there are some decent ranges in the area, and I'm a member at PNTC, but it's tough to get some practice at further distances when it's only Sunday out to 500 yards, and only Wednesday out to 1000 yards. Other ranges are square ranges, which is great for confirming DOPE, but not for field shooting.

Anyone know of state land open for target shooting? Or anything of the sorts?

most months, they (pntc) host a LRC (long range challenge, belly fun match), and frontier day (open practice), on their separate frontier range out to 1.2k.

Reactions: Raptor005
Peacemaker, Quantico, and the Cove are the only places that I know you can stretch out at. Most of the public land only have a sight in range.

most months, they (pntc) host a LRC (long range challenge, belly fun match), and frontier day (open practice), on their separate frontier range out to 1.2k.

Thanks - I am registered for the LRC match in August. If they do it monthly, thatd be great!

Lived in NOVA my whole life. There aren't alot of options to shoot beyond a few hundred yards. I keep my membership up at Peacemaker because it's one of the better oprions around. I wish they would open up the Frontier range more though....