• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Norwegian hunter lives in the woods for one year

trg

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2003
Iceland
"For one year Kristoffer Clausen will try to survive in the Norwegian wilderness only on what he will hunt, fish or find of edible plants/berries in the nature. One year in the wild is the title of his project. Equipped only with his sleeping bag, hunting rifle/shotgun, fishing gear, and some outdoors equipment he will have to make his own shelters if he want’s roof over his head and he will have to find his own food."

Interesting project. He lost 9 kilos/20 pounds in the first three weeks. Shows how difficult it is to live in the wilderness.

http://www.envillmann.no/

http://www.youtube.com/user/kristofferclausen

Re: Norwegian hunter lives in the woods for one year

Norway's answer to Bear Grylls ? Great hunter though...looking forward to following it.

Another norwegian one should check out when it comes to the wilderness is Lars Monsen....also a modern legend in Norway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1 year?

Sissy.

Dick Proenneke in Alaska:

http://www.dickproenneke.com/ </div></div>

This is an incredible dvd to check out. Highly entertaining.

The dude has a cabin....try camping in your tent for a year with only lakes to freshen up in...

One year without a woman?? Not for me.

Re: Norwegian hunter lives in the woods for one ye

Yeah, but he built that cabin himself with hand tools. He spent plenty of time in a tent while getting that put up.

Either way, it's a rough row to hoe.

To be successfull I would imagine you have to follow the game. Once you set up permanent residence it doesn't take long for the big game to catch on and move out, thus the tepee.

think I'd rather do that than New York City anyday...
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1 year?

Sissy.

Dick Proenneke in Alaska:

http://www.dickproenneke.com/ </div></div>

Proenneke was without a doubt a tough and talented man.
The documentary about him is great and highly recommended, but these are two different situations.

Proenneke came first for a few months to chop wood and then returned the next year to build the house. He got provisions flown in which included bags of sugar.

Kristoffer will attempt to live only of what he hunts and gathers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZeeLynx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Norway's answer to Bear Grylls ? Great hunter though...looking forward to following it.

Another norwegian one should check out when it comes to the wilderness is Lars Monsen....also a modern legend in Norway. </div></div>

I know your Bear Grylls comparison was more of a joke, but please don't compare him to a star in a fake survival show
smile.gif

you have to admit..there are some similarities =)

hehe..great guy though..shaked his hand a couple of times =)

LOL

I remember Discovery had a show called the alaska experiment or something like that, drop some people off in the middle of no where with a cabin, some basics and made em kinda do thier own thing, seemed most lost a ton of weight really quick.

I think anything like this is an art these days.

There are three types of hunters, those that have to hunt/gather for the table, those that hang shit on a wall, and folks that what to drink beer w/o the wife, while playing with guns.

Living in the woods an eating is not the issue, I gained 10 lbs living in the woods, after my first tour. Knowing how to handle, time, is the greatest issue. BTDT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are three types of hunters, those that have to hunt/gather for the table, those that hang shit on a wall, and folks that what to drink beer w/o the wife, while playing with guns.

Living in the woods an eating is not the issue, I gained 10 lbs living in the woods, after my first tour. Knowing how to handle, time, is the greatest issue. BTDT </div></div>

Did you have to walk for long periods while hunting or did you hunt from a stand? Did you bring in rations?
I'm sure it's possible to gain weight, but being active all day and eating mostly meat is a sure way of loosing lots of weight.

No long walks, lots of game an fish within 1 mile any direction. Lots of greens, wild corn, onions, sugar cane everywhere. Only thing taken in was salt, pepper, flower. Ground up wild corn with rocks into meal. Ground up fish for the oil to baste game and for general cooking grease, Fat coons work good as well.

While in Montana in the late 60's, meet a guy that lived alone most of his life. Ask how he dealt with being alone for so long, he said it became easier every month. After all the years alone, he had more respect for animals than people, because, "Animals are true to theirselfs, unlike people".

From his latest blog.

He has lost 14.8 kg/33 pounds the first two months from eating meat and drinking fat! I couldn't imagine drinking fat, unless I was starving.

feit-kopp.jpg

"Notice all the hardened fat outside mu cup after dipping it in the meatpot. The best way for me to eat fat is to drink it together with the gravy from boiled meat."