• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nosler 175gr RDF OAL

RSAshooter

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Hi guys. I've tried the search function but without answers. Did see something on the other hide but also not exactly what I'm looking for.

I really want to try these but don't want to waste the time money and effort if not feasible. To mag load for my bolt gun I top out at 71mm/2.8". Can they go that deep with their given ogive and length.

Thanks in advance guys and sorry if this has been discussed

Assuming you are talking .308. When I tried loading them to a COAL of 2.825" the Nosler 175 RDF ogive was right at the top, or just below the top, of the neck on nominally sized cartridge lengths.

Pretty sure if you need to go to a COAL of 2.800" your ogive will be buried by a healthy margin.

They are long to the ogive. 2.800 just gets me in a Magpul/MDT or AICS mag, plenty of room in an Alpha.

But for my rifle 2.800 is 0.110 jump--and it is not a very long throat...its a custom rifle. Yep, you read that right. I was at .035 jump and they were shooting OK (sub MOA, but the rifle is half that) and fit my alpha mags.

I still have not had a chance to shoot them at 0.040-0.055. Loaded, just had not been able to do a load dev range trip.

Good luck.

ZY

Last edited:
Thank you gents for your responses. Pity then. Will only be able to load them for single feed shooting