• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nosler 2nds

sherlok

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2004
East Texas
www.oldhomes4sale.com
Anybody try the Nosler Custom Competition factory 2nds in 168 grain from Shooters Pro Shop? They're not that much cheaper really, but are available. Custom Competitions seem to shoot as well as SMKs in my 700 SPS Tactical.

Thanks, Sherlok

Re: Nosler 2nds

Went through 2000 of them-no problems.I was able to purchase at the store on a trip to Oregon.barry

That makes sence. Spend $1000 on a rifle $1200 on glass and save $2 a box on bullets that may or may not be right.

I first shot Noslers 2nds when Dillon was selling them 19 years ago.

The 2nds are just as accurate as 1st.

The 2nds are all cosmetic issues related to the last bath they take before going into boxes, sometimes they have spots on them or just not as shiney as "normal" bullets.

I have measured several different calibers and types: partitions and accubonds, and have never been able to measure any differences between the 2nds and normal rounds. I have never been able to see a differnece downrange in either accuracy or terminal performance.