• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nosler 308 cc bullets? Any good?

AIdog

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2013
NLT, NV
www.indiandogs.com
Havent seen any reviews or remarks about the nosler custom competition bullets and was thinking about trying them out... Sending them out of a 1:10 twist 20" barrel rem 700 aac-sd with manners tf3 stock and going with the heavy 190 grain. My initial feeling is to go with the sierras because they have always worked well for me but if nosler is very close to the same quality (less variation with weight and bearing surface) then I would go with nosler at 33 cents a piece.

I have only used the 190s and I have been very happy with them. Shooting thwm in the .3s & .4s

Ive been real happy with the 16gr for the M1 Garand and in a savage 308 bolt gun. I cant compare them to the smk only the Hornady BTHP and Amax. With the price of the sierras climbing Ive switched. If you purchase them by a thousand the price drops to 23 cents apiece. The 69 grain for the 223 is giving me exactly the same accuracy as the smk.

Don't know about the CC's but I shoot the ballistic tips for hunting and if they shoot as good as those I would try some also.Now I think I will get some and try them out.

I shoot both in .308 168 Grain Pills. The Noslers like to be loaded a bit longer than the Sierra 168's in my rifles. I load the Sierra bullets to 2.80 COAL and load the Noslers to 2.815 COAL.

YMMV,

Johnny

Thanks for the feedback nosler has always been well know for making quality brass and I figured there bullets couldn't be too far off... a desirable bc with a nice price tag I think I'll give them a shot (or 250) I hope they deliver consistent seating depth like the sierras or amax.
I've been working with the Berger 210 vlds for my savage 110 fcp 300 win mag and have to readjust the die (redding comp with vld micro stem) depth for each bullet seating to give the same jump -.002" to rifling. It's more work but for that bullet its been worth it. Since seeing tresmon's longrange load development thread I am now sorting the bullets. that might help my seating process. Great writeup by him helped me out a lot! Been working with that rifle, bullet, and brass combo for a while before I read his thread.

Haven't worked with 308 brass/loads much yet do the 190s beat up brass bad if so where will a separation most likely happen?

On my 300 win mag it almost always starts just above the belt... And noticed brass getting worked way faster with 210 vs 190 grain bullets which was why I switched from hornady brass(soft) to federal brass(hard)

Havent seen any reviews or remarks about the nosler custom competition bullets and was thinking about trying them out... Sending them out of a 1:10 twist 20" barrel rem 700 aac-sd with manners tf3 stock and going with the heavy 190 grain. My initial feeling is to go with the sierras because they have always worked well for me but if nosler is very close to the same quality (less variation with weight and bearing surface) then I would go with nosler at 33 cents a piece.

Cannot yet speak of the .308 caliber bullets YET.

The .223 69 and 77gr variety have done QUITE well for me though!

The Nosler CC 155 are my favorite bullet. I like to dink around and find loads for different rifles with a variety of bullet weights, but a dose of R15 under the 155 seems to work in about every .308 I own. . . and that's several. I like the idea of the classic 168 grain loads, too, but the 155 grainers are my go to bullets.